59

° ° °
. . . The same moon from different nights, the same memories but a different heart. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 59—————

CHAPTER 59
—————

"Perfect." His hand ran through my now short black hair and I've never hated a haircut more than now.

Staring at the mirror, my eyes met the girl in the past, the miserable Kim Soji who couldn't make her own decisions. The helpless, dependent, pitiful fourteen year old girl who could never speak up for herself. It seemed like nothing's ever changed at all...

It made my eyes teary as I kept staring in my reflection. My hair was right above my shoulders. I have always hated how I looked with short hair and he was the main reason behind that since it was his favorite look on me. And once again I didn't have the guts to say a word against him. Even as I wanted to stop him from at least cropping my hair, the moment I opened my mouth to speak, the look in his soft, yet stern orbs cut me off. I just shivered. I gave up...

"You look like a goddess... I'm amazed kitten." He smiled proudly as my eyes moved to his face on the mirror. It's been a long while since I've seen him so satisfied with something and it had to be a thing that would torment me on the long term.

I gulped down the knot in my throat before I took a deep breath in and pushed his hand away from my shoulder. I couldn't look at him. He made me feel so powerless that it hurt. So I stood up from the chair and dashed my way to the bathroom with fast obviously annoyed and dissatisfied steps, locking the door behind me.

"Clean that up." I heard him say to the hairdresser he brought here specially for me. I scoffed rolling my eyes to yet another mirror. Another me I didn't want to see.

I leaned closer to it, supporting myself on the sink with my hands. Glaring without blinking, crying silently yet another time in this exact bathroom. I wanted to scream at myself but I couldn't, if I did, they would all come to see what happened so instead I clenched my jaw as hard as I could.

It was miserable, I was miserable. Nothing was going the way I wanted it to go. It was a losing game for me. Just when I was feeling a bit better about being here, he had to remind me that there was nothing in the world that could cause me happiness for the rest of my life. Especially not while I was stuck under that roof.

• • •

The short red velvet material hugging my body was for the first time in forever making me feel scared if it was showing too much of my skin even though I had a long black coat on top. I wasn't with the people I trusted the most, I was with a bunch of madmen.

The main lunatic being the one that could make a big deal of me anytime. He made me feel so uneasy about what I was wearing despite the fact that he bought the dress for me. I couldn't help but expect his jealous comments about showing too much skin, the dress being too short or revealing. God damn it, I couldn't let myself feel pretty otherwise I would have him blabber about men staring at me which would also be my fault.