Chapter 2

A/N: Hello readers!  Was going to wait and post this chapter next week, but I'm really excited for this new story!  So enjoy!!

Jungkook POV:

As I tried to open my eyes, I felt like I was swimming in a pool of mud, the thick substance warm and comforting, but the realization that I was getting nowhere frustrating. I tried to force my eyes open, but the bright lights above me hurt my head, making my eyes burn and tear. A comforting scent appeared and I tried to follow it with my eyes, see whom it belonged to, but it disappeared just as quickly. Confused about what was happening, I let myself slip into a quiet dark abyss that helped take my mind off the pain that my body was currently experiencing.

When I opened my eyes again, the lights weren't as bright and a pretty face with worried eyes was standing over me, her hand on my wrist. The scent of chocolate and cherries filled my nose and I wanted to bury my face in her neck and stay there forever. I grabbed her wrist and brought it to my nose, the sweet scent filling me up and relaxing more than the medication I knew was running through my veins. The human let out a nervous laugh and touched the hand gently that was holding onto her. "My name is Y/N. I'm a nurse here."

Y/N. The name sounded like the sweetest music falling off her lips. This Y/N was my mate and I knew it without a doubt. As I went to speak, a wave of pain rushed over me and I pressed her wrist to my face, breathing in her calming scent, the scent that covered me like a warm blanket fresh from the dryer.

"Can you tell me your name sweetie?" My mate's voice was soft and sweet, just like her scent and I loved the little name she gave me. I turned my gaze to her and her eyes were still filled with the same concern as before and part of me was surprised that she was not moving away from me, making me release her, showing her disgust for me clearly on her face.

"It's... it's Jungkook. My name is Jungkook." I hesitated giving her my name since I knew how humans were, but every instinct in me was telling me that this Y/N was my mate and she would not harm me, that I was safe with her, safe by her side.

Y/N smiled as I spoke and continued to hold my hand gently. "How are you feeling Jungkook?"

How did I feel? I shrugged my shoulders, not entirely sure about how I was feeling. Everything was so strange. The last thing I remember was my owner... Oh shit! My owner! If she knows I'm here... what is she going to do to me? I could feel my heart start to race but then a hand brushed through my hair, calming me, bringing me back to the here and now.

"It's okay Jungkook." My name fell of my mate's lips like melting chocolate and I wanted to hear it again and again. "You're safe now. You're at Cherry Blossom Sanctuary. It's a rehabilitation center for wounded hybrids. We help you get out of your current situation then, when you are feeling better, we help you find jobs, housing, things like that."

The idea of already leaving my mate caused a rush of panic to wash over me, but I tried to push it down and focus on the first part of her sentence. Going to get me out of my current situation? I won't ever have go back? The idea was too good to be true, but I knew I had to trust my mate. "I... I don't have to go back?"

Y/N shook her head. "No sweetie. You don't. The way your owner... it was wrong." The anger filled her pretty eyes and made me nervous, but then I realized the anger was for me not directed at me. She was angry about how I had been treated and it made me feel a little bit more at ease.

I nodded my head, relaxing back into her touch, her gentle hand holding mine. I wanted to know what her hands felt like everywhere, in my hair, touching my skin. I wanted to know if the rest of her was as soft as her hands. She stroked my cheek softly and I turned my face towards her touch, nuzzling my nose into her wrist. Besides her throat, her scent would be strongest here and I wanted to take the opportunity to get every little bit I could. "Can you... can you stay with me?"