Chapter 26

A/N: Here's the extra chapter for all the loyal readers of Stay!  Hope you enjoy!

Jungkook POV:

"Come on Ben. Give me one more. One more." The polar bear hybrid seated on the weight machine lifted it once more, completing the set. When he looked up, the pride in himself was evident on his face. Ben, one of my customers, had come in wanting to strengthen himself a little. He had started out with being able to do two sets of eight but we had worked up to three sets of fifteen and the elation was clear on his face. "Nice work! See? I told you we would get you there. It just takes some time and patience."

Ben grinned. "Thanks JK. I appreciate it. I wasn't... I wasn't sure if I was ever going to be able to do the full workout, but you... you got me there."

I waved a hand in dismissal. "Nope. You got yourself there. This was all you. I just showed which steps to take."

Thanking me again, Ben ducked his head in embarrassment, happy to get done what he needed to do. "Alright JK. See you next time." I gave him a wave as he headed towards the locker room.

Stretching out my back, I groaned in relief. I love what I did, but it was definitely hard work, especially when the weights got too heavy or my clients' arms suddenly lost strength and I had to grab the weight suddenly. I tried to make sure I wasn't pushing them too hard, but sometimes it happened unexpectedly.

Ben was my last client for today so I was eager to leave. Normally I didn't leave until later, but my last client canceled due to a personal event so I was out of the gym a couple hours earlier. I had asked Jin if I could come to the sanctuary, see him, see Sehun, maybe be able to see Y/N.

After we had visited with her, things had been okay. I had texted her a couple of times asking about her day and she had responded, but her answers were polite, as well her questions about my day. I missed the way she used to be with me, sweet and affectionate, loving and gentle. She was still nice, but it was the same kind of nice that I saw her use with patients, not with me, never with me. I wanted to tell her I was sorry and that I was still so much in love with her, but I didn't know how. How do I apologize? I knew I needed to push my pride down and do what was right, but it scared me just the same.

Leaving the gym, I got in my car and drove to the sanctuary. As I parked in the lot, I tried to pull myself together. When I entered the sanctuary, the combined scent of my two mates filled my nose and I wanted to bask in it, pull them in my arms until I was covered in their scent and they were covered in mine. The bond was so strong, the pull to go to them so strong, that I didn't understand how I had been able to resist Y/N for so long. The need for her rushed over me and I wanted to kiss her, touch her then fill her with my pups.

Her scent grew stronger as I walked towards the nurse's station. She was seated at the desk and a panther hybrid I didn't recognize was leaning against it, his eyes on her. I tried to push down the wave of jealousy that swept over me, seeing another hybrid so close to my mate was not okay with me and I had to stop myself from rushing over there and yanking him away from her.

When I approached, I didn't miss the way Y/N's eyes lit up. "Hi Jungkook. I didn't... didn't know you would be here today."

Although her smile was sweet, my heart shattered a little at the way she called me by name. Once she had found out who she was to us, she had called me Kookie and I had been her Kookie. To still hear her say my name was devastating. "Um... yeah. I came to see Jin."

"Oh... well... Jinnie's in the office. You can go in if you want." Y/N's smile was sad and I couldn't help but understand why.

"Aww... my sweet little nurse. Why are you so sad?" The panther moved closer to her, his eyes gleaming.