Chapter 32

Yoongi POV:

"Hybrid or not, that fucking cat touches my mate one more time, I will take him out and I'm not fucking playing!" Pacing back and forth in the living room of our house, I was having a hard time controlling my temper because of what Jin had told me the latest mess being caused by Emery. Apparently, this morning at work, Y/N was sitting in the café having a cup of coffee with Jin and Sehun when the other fucking cat came up and wrapped his arms around her from behind, his hands coming dangerously to her breasts. Jin had said it took everything in him not to rip Emery's tail off, but Jin had admitted he was too busy watching Sehun's reaction. The doctor's fists had clenched around his coffee cup, crushing the weak Styrofoam in his grip, the flesh quickly turning pink from the hot coffee. The incident had been enough to get Y/N away from Emery. She had pulled quickly away from the panther in order to take care of Sehun's hands.

Jin put both hands up in the air, a form of surrender at my temper, at my anger. "Whoa... calm down. It's going to be all right. I hate it just as much as you do, but until we figure out what is going on with Emery, we just have to let it play out. Y/N... she won't let him get too close and she won't let herself be alone with him. We have.... we have to trust her."

"I trust her. I just don't fucking trust him." Sitting down on the sofa, I snuggled up next to Jin, needing his comfort, needing the reassurance from him that things were going to be okay, that this wasn't going to ruin what we had been building with our mates.

Sighing, Jin wrapped an arm around my shoulders, resting his head against mine. "I feel the same about the whole situation, but Y/N's caring nature won't let her push him aside so quickly without figuring out what is going on, without knowing for a fact that he isn't her mate. She... she doesn't want to hurt him."

"Emery... he's not her mate, right?" I voiced the question that had been worrying me for the last several days. What if we had it all wrong? What if there could be another mate outside a group? What if... A slight squeeze from Jin pulled me out of my own head, from the thoughts that had been tormenting me.

"Stop thinking about that. Emery is definitely not her mate. He's too... smug about the whole situation. The way he looks at me? He knows that I know, but I just have to figure out a way to prove it."

"Well a hybrid can only get his mate pregnant so..." My spoken thoughts trailed off as I realized how it sounded.

Jin turned to me, his eyes filled with horror. "Please don't fucking tell me that you're suggesting letting Emery fuck our mate to prove that he's not her mate."

I shook my head hurriedly. "Oh shit. Of course not. I was just thinking out loud for a way for us to prove it."

Shaking his head, Jin sighed. "As much as I would love to see her belly round with my kits, it's definitely not the right time. There's... there's too much still unsettled to even think about adding babies to the equation."

"Do you know she can carry more than one litter at the same time?" The thought in my head popped out before I could stop it.

Jin eyed me strangely. "What the hell are you talking about?"

I shrugged, as though the conversation wasn't too important. "Just that when it comes time for Y/N to be ready, she can... can carry more than one of our litters at the same time. She could be pregnant with my cubs, with your kits, with Hobi and Joon's pups. It might... might be something to think about."

Pulling me close to him, Jin rubbed the top of my head with his knuckles, making me wince in pain. "That might be something you need to discuss with her beforehand. I'm not sure how thrilled she would be to carry four babies at the same time."