Chapter 63

Hoseok POV:

"From the top.  Five, six, seven, eight."  The music began and the kids started their latest dance.  After the festival, we now had our spring recital to prepare for.  I had given the kids the choice to do the same dance, but they had shut it down immediately.  They wanted to learn something new, show off new skills and I couldn't help but go along with their choice.  We had spent the last class going over song choices and when they had given me suggestions for the first part of the choreography, I had been excited with their suggestions, in the way they were making it their own.

We ran through the rehearsed part once and then again, the kids deciding on changes they wanted to make before we ran through it one more time.  Afterwards, we sat on the floor in the studio, listening to the rest of the track while the kids thought about more moves.  They made more suggestions and I had to laugh when one of the bolder students demonstrated one of his favorites, something that included twerking and a little bit more shaking than the others felt comfortable with.  We had to nix that one right away and I was glad he wasn't too upset by it.

We sat there for another ten minutes going over moves before class ended and I was bidding farewell to my group.  I had an hour break before the next group came in so I switched to a different track, trying to picture the choreography in my head, wanting to be prepared when the students came in next.  This next group was a little shyer than the first, a little more tentative but they loved to be here anyways.  When I had approached them with the idea of the recital, they were a little hesitant but ultimately agreed to do it, wanting to show off what they had been learning.

My phone ringing pulled me out of my thoughts and a smile crossed my face as I saw Y/N's name.  I clicked the accept button with a grin.  "Hey little mate.  What's up?"

"H-Hobi?"  I could hear the tears and panic in her voice and my heart slammed to a stop in my chest.

"Y/N?  Are you all right?  What happened?"  I tried to keep my voice calm but I could feel my own panic rising in my chest.  "What's going on?"

"It's... it's Yoongi.  He was... he was arrested."  Her words came out in a heartbreaking wail and I felt the tears start to well up in my own eyes before sliding down my cheeks.  "I... can you come home?  You and Jimin? P-please?"

Gripping the phone tightly in my hand, I nodded my head, momentarily forgetting that she couldn't see me.  "Of course little mate.  We'll leave right now."  Promising her we would be quick, I disconnected the call and hurried out of the studio, in search of Jimin.  He was just leaving his own studio and the bright smile on his face disappeared immediately.

"H-Hobi?  Is everything okay?"  Jimin rushed over to me, the worry clear on his face as he saw my tears.

"We... we need to go.  Y-Yoongi was arrested."  The words came out in a mess of words and Jimin's mouth dropped open in horror, his own eyes filling with tears.  He nodded and we hurried to the front, quickly explaining the situation to Alex.  Alex dismissed us immediately, telling us to not worry about anything here and he would figure out our classes.  Jimin and I rushed back to our respective studios and grabbed our bags, our thoughts on our tiger mate.

I barely remembered the drive home, Jimin crying softly in the passenger seat, and by the time I pulled into the driveway, my heart was racing and I could feel the bile start to rise up in my throat.  This was one of my mates and he had been arrested for who knows what.  I had a funny feeling in my stomach that this was all because of Sehun's mate and her asshole of a father.  I knew they had to be behind it all and the thought of Yoongi being alone and scared, as I am sure he must be, made me feel sick.

Gripping tightly to Jimin's hand, we hurried into the house.  The rest of our mates were gathered in the kitchen when we walked in and as soon as we cleared the threshold, Y/N hurled herself at Jimin and me, hugging us both tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks. From the sigh of relief, I knew she was happy to have us home, happy to have us here with her.  Noah was seated at the table, a coloring book open in front of him, and from the look on his face, I could see he knew what was going on.  He was young, yes, but he was also smart and deserved to know the truth.