Chapter 54

Jungkook POV:

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the butterflies that were fluttering around my stomach, as Jin pushed open the door to Noah's room.  This was it.  This was the moment that was going to decide everything, decide what would be the next steps with our family.  Would the little koala that had stolen our hearts be willing to come home with us?  Or would he not want this?  Would he trust us enough to know that we would take care of him or would all the fear and horror he experienced at the hands of humans be too much?

Y/N had been especially worried about the little guy's reaction, but when he met her, he had gone right to her, hugging her tightly.  Just like the rest of us, along with every other hybrid who ever met her, Noah had sensed that Y/N was safe, that she was genuine, that he would be protected with her, that he would be safe in her arms.  When Y/N had told me about it later that evening as we lay in her bed, I couldn't help but smile at the softness in which my little mate talked about him.

Noah was sitting on his bed when we all walked into the room.  The curiosity in his little face was clear, but there was no fear and for that I was thankful.  He knew we weren't there to hurt him.  "Nurse Jin?  What are you doing here?"

Jin moved slowly towards the bed, sitting next to the little koala.  My heart melted when Noah climbed into Jin's lap, his tiny arms coming to wrap around his neck in a hug.  "Um... my mates and me wanted to talk to you about something.  Is that okay with you?"  Nodding his head, Noah looked over at the rest of us.  Jin took a deep breath then gave the little boy a smile.  "Noah?  We were wondering if you would let us adopt you?  You could come live with us and we could... could give you a family."

Noah's eyes widened in surprise and he turned to look at Jin.  "A... a f-family?  Like I could have a mom and a dad?"

Smiling, Jin nodded.  "Well... you would have seven dads.  Is that okay with you?"

Looking around at us, the small smile that was on Noah's face grew.  "And you all want me?"

Y/N moved forward, her eyes soft as she gazed at the little boy.  "Yes.  We all want you very much.  Would you like to come home with us?"

Reaching out his arms for Y/N, my heart melted into a puddle at my feet when the tiny koala latched onto her, hanging on as though he was afraid she would change her mind.  "I want... I want to come home with you.  Are you going to be my mama?"  Noah's question was hesitant, filled with worry and I could see the nervousness in his eyes, in the way his tiny hands gripped onto Y/N's shirt.

"I could be if you want me to." 

"I don't remember my mama."

Y/N's eyes filled with sadness at Noah's confession, but I knew all too well that it was common among hybrids.  Some of us were taken away at such a young age that we never got the chance to know our parents, never got the chance to feel that love, that tenderness.  Knowing Noah was one of the many that never experienced a family made me even surer that what we were doing was right, that he belonged with our family. 

Yoongi moved to Noah's side and I could sense the compassion rolling from him in waves.  "I don't remember my mama either, but I have a family now.  Ones who love me so much that it makes it a little bit better.  We would like to give you the same thing, give you the love that you deserve."

Noah nodded then leaned back to look at Y/N.  "I want to come home with you.  To be your family too."

I could hear the collective sigh of relief from everyone in the room, knowing that this was going to work, that things were going to be better, that the little boy in Y/N's arms wanted to go home with us, that he trusted us enough, that he believed we would give him the love that he so desperately wanted.