Chapter 30

Jungkook POV:

Finishing up with my last client of the day, I said goodbye to my boss and left the gym for the evening. After the stress of yesterday, I was happy to have been busy today to keep my mind off of everything. After the bomb Jimin dropped on us about Sehun being Y/N's mate, it had been hard to focus on anything else. I had always known their relationship was close, but I had no idea just how close it actually was, how much of a connection they actually shared. Part of me wanted to keep her away from him, but the smarter part of me knew there was more to the story than I knew.

Not wanting to think about the closeness between Y/N and Sehun, I tried to push the thoughts from my mind as I drove home. However, they kept creeping in, like a mouse going after a crumb. I wanted to trust Y/N, the way she trusted me, but it was hard. It was hard to see her be so close to someone that wasn't me, that wasn't one of our other mates. It was hard to see her touch him, hug him. It was hard to see him kiss her, wrap his tail around her wrist in a gesture that symbolized affection and comfort between mates. It was hard because I wanted to do those same things with her and I had fucked it up.

Even though Y/N had told me she loved me, I couldn't help the worry that filled me. I know she meant it, her eyes were too honest for me to believe otherwise, but was she willing to accept me back into her life? Was she willing to give me another chance to fix everything? Would she completely forgive me? The not knowing was the worst part of it all and I knew if she rejected me the way I rejected her then I would never recover from it.

I pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex I shared with my mates and parked the car. Getting out, I felt a smile cross my face. Jimin's car was in the lot and I knew that no matter how stressed I was, being around my other mates always made me feel better. They showed me the love and affection that I had lost when I pushed Y/N away. Even though nothing could completely close the hole in my heart, my other mates helped to fill in the gap.

So caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even register the scent until I stepped into the living room of the house I shared with my mates. Y/N was seated on the sofa, Jimin's arms wrapped around her and his lips pressed to hers. The scents of both of them combined rushed over me and I couldn't stop the gasp that escaped my lips, along with the feeling of jealousy that rushed over me. The thoughts flooded my mind on how I used to be able to kiss her like this, hold her like this.

The two sprang apart and I didn't miss the twin looks of guilt in their dazed expressions, along with the raw need in Jimin's. "Kook? I... I wasn't expecting you home yet." Jimin's voice was surprised as he stood and made his way over to me.

The sweet scent of Y/N was perfectly intertwined with his tangy key lime pie scent. He hugged me then pressed his lips to my cheek. I returned the hug then stepped backwards, unable to control the feeling of betrayal that filled me. "Yeah. I can see that." The tightness in my voice was obvious and I saw Y/N stand up, her eyes worried.

"Um... I b-better go." Y/N's voice was soft as she made her way towards the door. I felt a pang of guilt, knowing she felt like I was angry with her for being here.

I reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her close to me. "No. You don't have to leave. I'm not mad that you're here. I promise. I... I just wasn't expecting it."

Y/N's eyes softened and she reached up to stroke my hair. "I'm... I'm glad to hear that. I don't want you to be uncomfortable in your own space." A ding from her phone had her sighing and I knew it must be one of our other mates checking up on her. "I do have to go though."

Wrapping my arms around her, I kissed her cheek, wanting so much more but knowing she needed time. "I... I love you."

The smile that crossed her face meant everything to me, and when she spoke my heart fluttered in happiness. "I love you too Kookie." She kissed my cheek softly, said her goodbyes to Jimin and me and was gone, her scent hanging in the air.