Chapter 24

Taehyung POV:

"Minnie? We're home!" I called out to my mate as Jungkook and I stepped through the door of the apartment, but there was nothing, no happy greeting back, sounds of pans in the kitchen, just silence. "Minnie?" Looking over at Jungkook, I shrugged, confused by what was happening. Usually Jimin would respond right away. "Maybe he's in the shower?"

Walking into the living room, my heart dropped when I saw Jimin sitting on the sofa, head in his hands, sobbing as though his heart was breaking, his shoulders shaking and his breaths coming in short pants. "Jiminie?" Jungkook rushed to his side, pulling our mate close. "What... what happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm such a terrible mate. I'm the worst mate ever!" Jimin's words were almost hysterical and I couldn't stop the panic that started to fill me up.

"Minnie? What's going on?" I sat on the other side of him, rubbing his back, trying to calm his frantic sobs. "Talk to us."

Jimin continued to cry, tears streaming down his cheeks and soaking Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook looked up at me, his eyes worried and confused and I knew the same feelings were mirrored in my own eyes. Neither of us had any idea what was happening, why Jimin was so upset. I hugged him from behind, wanting to be close to him, to show him comfort, but then I stiffened when a scent that was not his filled my nose. It was faint, but there was no mistaking the chocolate covered cherries of my human mate. Jungkook must have noticed it at the same time because he sat up, pulling back from Jimin, his eyes filled with confusion and worry.

I hated it, but my first guess was that something bad happened with Y/N, that he had done something he shouldn't. "M-Minnie? Why... why do you smell like Y/N? Please t-tell me you didn't h-hurt her!"

I heard Jungkook's sharp intake of breath and Jimin's eyes darted to mine, the hurt clearly visible in them and I immediately felt guilty. I should have known he wouldn't hurt anyone. "I... I didn't hurt her. I swear it to you." Jimin's words were sad, tinged with a touch of betrayal and I felt terrible for even assuming it.

"Then... then why do you smell like her?" I couldn't stop the question that spilled from my lips, wanting to know why he smelled so much like my human mate, the mate I had been longing for, the one I had been missing so desperately.

"I saw... saw her today. She was with Sehun. I... I was so fucking jealous at seeing them together. I'm her mate, not Sehun. Me! She should be that close to me! Not him!" Jimin's words spilled from his lips and I could see the things he had been holding in were finally starting to slip out, the wall he had built up between him and our human mate was finally starting to collapse.

"But Minnie? You made it very clear that you didn't want her. Why would it bother you to see her with Sehun? Why would that matter?" As much as I wanted things to get better, I had to know what made him change his mind, what had made him decide that he wanted Y/N.

Jimin sighed, his cheeks pink with embarrassment. "I... I was wrong. Wrong about Y/N, wrong about taking Kookie away from her, wrong about... about everything. I want... I want her. I want Y/N. I want to be with her." The tears continued to stream down his plump cheeks and my heart broke for my hurting mate.

Jungkook had been silent this whole time, his brows furrowed in bewilderment. "But... but what does this all mean Jiminie?"

Reaching out, Jimin took one of Jungkook's hands, taking mine in his other. "It... it means that... that I want to fix everything. I want all my mates to be together, even Y/N. I'm so sorry Kook. I'm sorry for trying to make you believe something that isn't true. I'm sorry for not trusting you when you told me that... told me that Y/N was different." Looking down at our connected hands, he let out a breath. "When I talked to her today, she was... just so nice. She didn't say anything mean to me even if I deserved it. She... she forgave me so I hope you can too."