Chapter 28

A/N: Double update!  Please make sure to read Chapter 27 first!  Enjoy the chapter!

Yoongi POV:

As much as I wanted to focus on Y/N and the whole situation with Emery, I couldn't keep my mind off the rabbit hybrid in the room that had caused so much pain and fear to my sweet human mate. I wanted to trust him, wanted to believe him, but it was hard for me. Hard to believe he was sincere and I didn't know how to bring myself around. Jimin did look distressed by the whole situation with Y/N and Emery. He did look worried that Emery was going to suddenly come and snatch her away but I didn't know if it was the bond tugging him closer or if he actually was developing feelings for her.

Pushing him from my mind, I turned back to the conversation in the small office. "How did Emery know her scent if he's not her mate?"

"We're... we're not sure. I don't know if he overheard someone... FUCKING SNEAKY ASS SON OF A BITCH!!" Jin's voice suddenly snapped out, the anger clear. "Kook... he was here a couple of days ago. Emery was flirting with Y/N and... when Kook came into the office, he mentioned her scent, how it filled him up."

We all looked at each other, now knowing exactly how he knew, but now how do we prove he's not her mate. "What do we do now?" Namjoon's voice was concerned as he spoke and the stress was the same across the rest of us. "How do... how do we keep him away from her?"

Jin leaned back, dropping his head against the back of the sofa. "I... I just don't know. I just..." His words trailed off and I felt the stress radiating from him in waves.

Moving to sit on the coffee table next to Hoseok, I reached out for his hands. "It's going to be okay. We're going to figure this out. We're not going to let some sneaky ass panther come in and steal our mate away. She's ours and it's going to stay that way."

As we sat there, all lost in our own thoughts, I couldn't help but worry what Emery's plan was. Why was he doing this? Was he that lonely? Or was there something else on his mind? The trickiness of the situation worried me.

Knowing we weren't going to figure out anything right now, I stood. "Come on. Let's go eat. Maybe we'll think better once we have food in our stomachs." The rest of my mates nodded and we filed out of Jin's office. The smell of chocolate covered cherries was strong and when I looked up, Y/N was coming out of Sehun's office. Her eyes lit up when she saw us.

"Hey. I didn't know you were here." Y/N came to me and Namjoon, giving us hugs and kisses and I grinned in happiness at the sight of her. Turning to Jin, she pinched his cheek. "I thought you had all left already."

Jin shook his head. "Um... no. Hobi and Jiminie were telling me about what happened with Emery. We... we were trying to figure out what's going on."

Y/N's frame tensed at the sound of Emery's name and I wanted nothing more than to pull her into my arms and tell her that everything would be okay, that we would keep her safe, and keep that sneaky fucking panther away from her. "How it'd go with the hybrid?" I asked, trying to distract her from the other issues at hand. "Carlos said he was a little hostile."

The worry disappeared from her face and a soft smile took its place, a smile that made me want to hug her tight and kiss her sweet, happy face. "Jay is a sweet kitty that was just misunderstood. He wasn't hostile at all towards me."

"Which she didn't know before she approached him even after promising me she wouldn't put herself in danger." Y/N's cheeks flushed as Sehun's voice cut in and she turned to see the cat standing behind her, arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes Sehunnie. We already talked about this." Y/N ducked her head and I could see the embarrassment on her face.

Sehun grinned and came over to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, a gesture that I wanted to hate, but couldn't after understanding their situation. Jimin, however, didn't and when I looked at the rabbit, his fists were clenched at his sides and I knew he wanted to drag our mate away from the handsome doctor. Yes Jimin. This is what Sehun gets to do. He gets to hug her and touch her, be familiar with her like you don't get to. This is what you're missing out on. If you hadn't fucked up then that could be you right now. I couldn't help the smug smile that crossed my face, but I quickly erased it when Hoseok pinched my side.