Chapter 34

Jin POV:

"Fuck!  That stupid fucking son of a bitch!  That ignorant asshole!  I hate that motherfucker!" As I paced and forth across the office, I couldn't stop them slew of profanities that were spilling from my lips.  "Who the fuck does this piece of cat shit think he is?"

"J-Jin?"  A worried voice cut through the air and I turned to see Yoongi standing behind me.  His ears were flat against his head and his fuzzy tail was bristled.  "You o-okay?"

At the look of concern on Yoongi's face, I dropped down in my desk chair.  "No.  Not really.  Problems with Emery."

Yoongi's eyes narrowed at the sound of the other cat's name.  "What happened with him now?"  I could sense the irritation in Yoongi's voice, the same feeling that I had, that we all had when we saw Emery too close to our mate.

I hesitated not sure if I wanted to reveal what I had known.  I was angry enough, but bringing Yoongi into the mix? That wasn't going to be good, but I knew I had to tell him.

Flashback

An hour earlier...

"Alright Kevin.  Everything looks good.  The arm has healed nicely and you are free to go."  Sehun released the sloth hybrid's arm, letting it return to a more normal position.  "Just be careful next time and remember to wear a seat belt."

"I always wear my seat belt Doc.  I've seen too many drivers get hurt because of it and I don't want to be on the sidelines because of something that could be prevented."  Kevin was a racecar driver, competing on the hybrid circuit, hoping to make his way to the professional circuit, where he would compete against humans.  Currently there were no hybrids on the professional circuit, but Kevin hoped to change it.  And the kid was damn talented so there was a good chance he would make it.  I knew we were all rooting for him.

"Smart kid."  Sehun grinned and turned to me.  "You good to finish this up?"  I nodded and Sehun faced Kevin.  "Alright Kevin.  Be good and stay out of trouble.  If you need any help, please let me know."  Sehun said his final goodbyes and left the room, leaving me alone with Kevin. 

I finished filling out his paperwork and explained the medications that Sehun had prescribed, a pain reliever and a muscle relaxer, a combination of things that would help heal the shoulder he had wrenched while driving, trying to take a turn too fast.

"How's Y/N?"  Kevin's question surprised me and I forgot he had met her when he came in a year ago for stitches in his forehead when he smacked his head on the steering wheel.  Thankfully after that incident, the hybrid circuit had demanded the use of helmets and face shields for the drivers.

I smiled at the sound of my mate's name.  "She's good.  She is my mate, along with six others so we have a pretty large mate group now."

Kevin's eyes widened.  "What the hell?  Lucky!  Y/N's so amazing."  The wistful sound in Kevin's voice made me laugh.

"Yeah she really is." I signed the last paper and held them up.  "Okay Kevin.  I'm going to make a copy of these and I will be right back."  Kevin nodded and I left the room, heading towards the copy machine in the room across the hall.  I had just scanned Kevin's paper when a familiar laugh filled the room.

"So yeah I think things will be good.  She's so pretty and that body is just...."  The voice trailed off and I clenched my fists, wanting to put them through a wall or someone's face, whichever one was closer.  Fucking Emery!

"So is she really your mate?"  This voice was less familiar but one I still recognized.  The deep tone belonged to Angelo, a bear hybrid that had come in a few days ago.  He had been kicked out of his old home and needed a place to stay.  He seemed like a nice young kid, a little nervous, but still pretty nice.  He was Y/N's patient and took to her right away.