Chapter 46

Jin POV:

After the incident with Sebastian and Emery, everything was going smooth.  Too smooth.  I hated feeling so pessimistic, but something kept telling me that something was going to go wrong, seriously wrong.  I couldn't push the feeling from my mind and it left me on edge.  I tried not to, but I felt myself being a little short, both with my patients and my mates.  Y/N tried to soothe me, running her hands through my hair, letting me drench myself in her scent, but there was still something that set me on edge and I hated the feeling of it all.

"Jinnie?  What's going on?"  I was laying in Y/N's bed, snuggled close to her side, her hands in my hair and my face pressed up against her neck, covering myself in her scent.  "Don't get me wrong because I love your snuggliness but what's with the sudden need to stay close to my side?  You even snapped at Yoongi when he tried to come in earlier."  There was no accusatory tone in her voice, no sense of scolding, just a need to understand, a want to know what is going on with me, what is making me act this way, feel this way.

I shrugged my shoulders, not entirely sure myself just what was happening with me.  "I don't... I don't know.  I've just been on edge lately and I'm not sure why.  I just... I just feel like something is going to go wrong and I hate it."  Even to my own ears it sounded silly, almost childish, but as a hybrid, I had learned to trust my instincts, to trust the little feelings that made me shiver, the little doubts that tended to fill me up.  I had felt the same with the whole situation with Emery, we all had, and the feelings had been right.  Things with him could have gone a lot worse than they did and we had been lucky.

"What do you think it might be?"  Y/N's voice was concerned as she spoke and I could sense it in the way her arms tightened around me, wanting to give me the extra comfort that she knew I needed, the love that I always craved.  For what felt like the millionth time, I said a quick thanks to whoever decided that this sweet caring woman should be my mate, should be the one I was going to spend my life with.

"I just don't know and that's the problem.  I've been snapping at everyone lately, even Sehun.  It's..." My voice trailed off, not even sure how to explain it all.  "My instincts are telling me that things are not over yet.  That there are still issues coming around."  I knew it sounded silly, but I had no other way to explain it, no other way to tell her what I meant, how my instincts were going haywire.

Y/N nodded.  "It's going to be okay.  Whatever happens we're going to get through it.  We have each other and we have the others and that's all we need to get through any problem.  We've been through so much already.  Lousy boyfriends, the loss of my parents, rejection from mates, kidnapping, hostile hybrids, jealousy."  She pinched my cheek as she spoke, making me nip at her fingers.  "Whatever it is?  It's going to be all right.  We'll figure it out.  Somehow."

Knowing she was right, I let out a sigh of relief.  A soft knock at the door had me turning, the guilt filling me up when the door opened and the sweet scent of sugar cookies filled the room.  "Jin? Y/N?"  Yoongi's voice was quiet, hesitant, almost as though he were afraid to speak, afraid of my response to him.  "Can... can I come in?"

"Come on Yoongi."  I waved the tiger over and he hurried to the side of the bed, climbing in on the other side of Y/N.  From the way he refused to make eye contact with me, I knew he was still a little hurt, a little worried about how I was going to react.  It made me realize what I had done and what exactly I needed to do.  "I'm sorry about how I acted towards you earlier.  I'm just... I'm just on edge."

I could see Yoongi nod in the dim light, a small smile on his face and I knew I was forgiven, something I didn't always deserve so quickly.  "It's okay.  I understand."  Yoongi snuggled up to Y/N, holding her close.  "Everyone has their off days.  Don't worry.  I didn't take it personal.  If I took it personal every time someone got mad at me, it's all I would ever do."