Chapter 7

Jimin POV:

As I left Hoseok's room, I couldn't stop the rush of anger and jealousy that washed over me. Why had Y/N offered Hoseok to come and live with her, but not Taehyung and I? What the fuck kind of game was she playing at? The human in question was heading my way and I could see the tension in her frame the closer she got to me. As she went to pass me, she ducked her head, trying to avoid eye contact, but I was having none of her shit. I grabbed her wrist and roughly dragged her into the open room to my right, turning her around and pinning her body to the wall.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing? What kind of game are you playing?" I snarled the words at her, not missing the way she trembled under my glare, the way she chewed her bottom lip, turning the pale pink a bright scarlet. She focused her gaze on the ground and I gripped her chin harshly, forcing her to look at me.

"I... I don't know what y-you're talking about. P-please let me go, Mr. Park." I felt a strange pang of something I didn't understand as she addressed me so formally, a pang that caused me to feel strangely fucking friend zoned. She was my mate. Why was she calling me that? When I focused my gaze on her face, I could see Y/N's eyes were filled with terror and part of me felt like an asshole for doing that to her, but I shoved the guilt down.

"Why? Why did you ask that fox in there to live with you? Why him but not Tae and me?" I couldn't stop the words that spilled from my lips, wanting to know why she was so willing to accept him but not us?

Y/N winced and as her eyes filled with tears, I loosened my grip, not realizing how tightly I was holding her. "Why... why would I ask you to live with me? Y-you made it perfectly clear that you... you didn't want me near you or your mate. H-Hobi didn't want to live alone so I... I asked him to live with me."

I went to say something but closed my mouth knowing she was right. I did make my feelings for her completely clear. "You already know who you are to me, don't you?" When she didn't answer, I grabbed her shoulders and gave her a shake. "Don't you?" I demanded.

Nodding her head, Y/N turned her gaze from me as the tears spilled down her cheeks. "Yes."

"Just because you're my mate doesn't mean I want you. I don't want you. Do you understand that?" My words were firm as my mind tried to convince me I was doing the right thing, but my heart was begging me to stop, begging me to pull her into my arms and ask for her forgiveness, but again I shoved it away.

"Yes." Y/N's voice was soft. I released her and she hurried out of the room. I went to follow her, but stopped when I heard the doctor who had helped Taehyung say her name, the doctor she had been hugging in his office.

"Y/N? What happened kid? Why are you crying? What happened to your face?" His voice was filled with worry and I waited for her to spill that I had come after her, waited for the doctor to come in and kick Taehyung and I out on the streets again.

Y/N let out a small laugh, one I could sense was fake. "It's nothing Sehun. I was chewing on my pen without the cap on and didn't realize I had pen all over my chin. I was scrubbing it off and that's why my chin is red." What? That's not what happened at all.

Sehun hummed in response as though he didn't believe her. "That doesn't explain the tears on your face."

"I'm so awkward. I was throwing the wipes away and banged my knee on the desk." I was surprised at how smoothly the lie rolled off her lips and even more surprised that she had kept our little interaction a secret. Why would she do that? "I was just going to get some ice for it."

"Oh my silly girl. You're so clumsy." I could hear the affection in his voice and after a moment I heard him kiss her, somewhere that sounded like her forehead or cheek. Why the fuck is he kissing my mate? Who the fuck does this doctor think he is? I couldn't stop the anger filling my body as I imagined his lips on her skin, skin that I knew to be as soft as a flower petal, skin I wanted to touch more of.