Chapter 29

A/N:  In a Stay writing mood today, so triple update.  Please read Chapters 27 and 28 first! Hope you enjoy!

Jimin POV:

Although the morning with my mates distracted me, I couldn't keep my mind off Y/N and what I had learned about Sehun. When I got home last night, I told Jungkook and Taehyung about it and they had been just as stunned by the whole situation as I was. Part of me wanted to believe it wasn't real, that this handsome doctor wasn't going to come along and steal my mate before I even had a chance to get her to love me, but I knew it was real. Their close relationship made me so jealous that I could barely think straight when I was around the two of them, but I didn't know how to handle it.

Distracted by the information, I kept making mistakes in my classes throughout the day and when Hoseok knocked on my studio door at the end of the day, I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Jiminie? What's going on with you today? Is... is everything all right?"

I shrugged, not really sure how to answer that question. Yes, everything was all right. No, everything was not all right.

Hoseok moved to my side, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Want to talk about it?"

Shaking my head, I laid my head on his shoulder. I didn't know what to say without sounding silly and emotional. After everything I had done to her, did I even have the right to feel jealous of Sehun and frustrated with the whole situation? Did I have the right to want her to love me? To baby me like she does with the older ones? Do I have that right to want that?

"You know if you talk to her, she'll explain the whole situation." Hoseok didn't even have to say Y/N's name and I immediately knew whom he was referring to. He didn't have to say much for me to know that he believed everything would be okay.

"But... but do I have to right to ask her about it?" I voiced my inner thoughts to Hoseok, laying my heart on the line. I knew Hoseok would tell me the truth, regardless how painful that truth might be.

Hoseok sighed and I knew he was trying to be gentle, to spare my feelings at the same time that he wanted to be honest. "Yes. As her mate, you do have that right. Y/N is extremely forgiving, in case you haven't already noticed and she's also too trusting for her own good, which is evident by the way she approaches hostile hybrids without even caring about her own damn well-being."

Hoseok's words brought back the reminder from last night and Y/N's experience with the hostile hybrid, Jay, that came in. When Sehun called her out in front of us, I wanted to pull her into my arms and keep her safe from everything and everyone. I wanted to make sure she would never be hurt again, never be put in any danger. I wanted to take care of her like I should have from the beginning.

From Sehun's reaction to the whole situation, it was clear there was a bond between the two. The way he would snuggle into her embrace, the way he would purr when she stroked his ears, the way he would look at her with so much love and adoration that it made my heart catch in my throat. It was the way I should have been looking at her from the beginning.

Hoseok continued, his words serious. "However, as the one who rejected her, you need to tread carefully. She gets hurt easily. You? You hurt her and badly."

The reminder of my previous behavior was like shoving a rusty sword into my gut, ripping apart my insides and scattering them across the walls so I could see the consequences of my actions. I had believed that as a human she wouldn't feel the rejection of the bond, but I didn't think about how a broken heart would affect her. When I took Jungkook away from her, I broke her heart, shattered it in a way that made me sick to my stomach knowing I put her through that much pain, that much suffering.