Chapter 43

Jungkook POV:

I followed Jin as he rushed down the hall in the hospital, my heart racing as I prayed my mate was okay.  After Jin had received the phone call from Officer Grayson that Y/N had been found, he informed us that she was being taken to the local hospital.  He assured us that she really was okay, but she did have some minor injuries.  My heart had clenched in pain as I heard that, followed by anger so severe that it scared me.  I wanted nothing more than to find this Sebastian and strangle him with my bare hands for the pain he caused my mate.

Jin stopped at the nurse's desk, his eyes wild and filled with panic.  "I'm... I'm looking for a Y/N.  She was brought in here a little while ago."

The nurse, an older woman, scanned Jin, taking in his laid back ears, his fluffed out tail, and his tear stained cheeks then gave him a reassuring smile.  "Okay honey.  Let me find out where she is."  The woman tapped on her computer for a moment then looked back up at us.  "Okay.  She's in room 4 in the emergency room."

Emergency room?  The two words sent me into a panic, but Namjoon moved to my side, gripping my hand.  "It's okay.  Since she was brought in by an ambulance, they have to take her to the emergency room."

I nodded at his words, but unfortunately it did little to calm the anxiety in my chest.  The nurse in front of us gave us stickers for our shirts that read VISITOR and gave us directions to the emergency room.  Jin thanked her quickly then hurried away from the desk, the rest of us following right behind him.  We followed the nurse's directions and soon ended up in front of doors that read EMERGENCY in bright red letters.  Jin shoved the doors open, his eyes wild as he looked around the room.

Yet another nurse sat at a desk and when Jin asked where room 4 was, she pointed behind her, giving us all uneasy smiles.  I felt bad because I'm sure we all must have looked like rabid animals rushing in, but her worries were not my concern. I just needed to get to my mate.

Once again following Jin, we stopped in front of the open door of room 4 and I could hear the collective sigh of relief.  Y/N, my mate, my sweet beautiful human mate, was sitting up in a hospital bed.  She had on a hospital gown and there was a cuff around her bicep. She had bandages around both wrists, along with a bandage on her forehead.  I could see the scratches on her face, along with cuts along her neck and collarbone and it made me wonder just what had happened to her.

"Jinnie?  Guys?  What... what are you doing here?"  Y/N's voice was surprised as she looked up at us, as the seven of us piled into her room.

"We came for you little mate."  Jin's voice was gentle, but laced with guilt.  "Why wouldn't... why wouldn't we be here?"

Y/N's eyes filled with tears. "Because... because I left with Sebastian."

Jin rushed to her side, gathering our sad mate in his arms.  "Oh my little mate.  I know you did and I know why.  I know... I know Sebastian threatened you and threatened Sehun."

"You're not... not mad at me?"  Y/N pulled back from Jin, her eyes worried.

Shaking his head, Jin nuzzled his nose into her neck.  "No.  No.  You... you were trying to protect Sehun, trying to protect our friend. Why would I be mad at you?"  Jin leaned back and his eyes turned sad.  "But you... you should be mad at me."

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  "Why?  Why would I be mad at you?"

Tears spilled down Jin's cheeks, his eyes filled with pain.  "I'm... I'm so sorry.  Sam showed us the feed from the security cameras and I... I thought you left me!"  His words left him in a wail and the regret in his voice was so startlingly clear.  "I'm so sorry!"