Chapter 8

Y/N POV:

After leaving Namjoon with Jin, I went down the hall to see Hoseok. The sweet fox was being released this evening and I wanted to see how he was feeling about everything. He said he didn't want to live alone, but I wanted to make sure he was completely okay with moving in with Jungkook, Jin and me. I knocked on the door to his room, smiling when I heard his eager voice telling me to come in. When I walked in, he was sitting up in the bed, a bright smile on his handsome face. "Hey Hobi. How are you feeling?"

Hoseok grinned, his face filled with excitement. "I'm feeling great. Is... is it true that I get to be released today?"

I nodded. "It sure is. Jin is going to take you home when he leaves and I'll be there later tonight." Hoseok had met Jin the day before so I knew he was comfortable enough to go with him. I had actually been surprised that Jin was so easily willing to let Hoseok live with us. I knew my mates were possessive and the fact that they were letting an unmated male hybrid live with us was strange. Unless... No! But could it be? I studied Hoseok for a moment, not sure how to ask the question without sounding weird.

Hoseok must have caught the look on my face because he started picking at the edge of the sheet, refusing to make eye contact. He kept looking at me then his eyes would dart away, seemingly worried about what I was going to say to him.

"Hobi? Is there something you want to tell me? Something I should know?" Hoseok shook his head and I went over to him, touching his hand gently before running a hand through his silky hair. "Are you sure sweet boy?"

Hoseok sighed then nodded. "Um... Y/N? I... I wanted to tell you... um..." Hoseok's words trailed off, his cheeks turning a bright shade of red. "YouremymatebutIwasafraidtotellyou."

I stroked a fuzzy ear, trying to calm the anxious hybrid. "Okay sweet boy. Let's try that again. But please calm down."

"Y/N? You're my mate but I was afraid to tell you." This time Hoseok's words were calm, a little shaky, but calm.

Nodding my head, I gave him a soft smile. "I kind of figured as much."

Hoseok looked at me in surprise. "What... what do you mean?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Jin can be a little possessive. I figured I was your mate when he agreed to let you move in." I patted Hoseok's hand before moving over to sit down in the chair next to the bed. "I was almost positive when he brought Kookie in to meet you. That's when I figured you were theirs too."

"Why don't you seem like it bothers you?" Hoseok's eyes were filled with confusion.

"Why would it bother me?" I squeezed Hoseok's hand, trying to lend him any bit of comfort.

"You're mated to a hybrid."

"So?"

"So you're a human and mated to a hybrid."

I stood up, releasing Hoseok's hand and pacing back and forth across the room. "Hobi, I know. I know who I am to you and I'm happy about it. Why would it bother me? Unless of course you... you don't want me. I know that hybrids can reject their mates." I couldn't stop the pang of worry that flashed through me.

"Why would I do that? Why would I reject you? How could I not want you? Who could be dumb enough to reject you?" Hoseok's voice grew higher in pitch as his questions spilled out.

I sighed, knowing he probably already knew about Jimin. "Um... someone already did. There are two other hybrids here and I'm sure they're your mates too." Namjoon suddenly came into my mind. "You can smell the other hybrid here too, can't you?"