Chapter 62

Jungkook POV:

"Umm... chocolate!" Noah's voice was excited, full of happiness. We had just finished dinner and were snuggled on the sofas together, just enjoying being together. Jimin had asked our little koala what his favorite food had been so far and his enthusiastic response made us all laugh.

"Mine too!" Hoseok high-fived Noah, making him grin in response.

After the laughter died down, I studied the little boy's face. I could see there was something he wanted to ask, something he was curious about, but he seemed to be hesitant. Almost as though he was afraid of getting into trouble for making his wants and needs known. "Noah? Is everything okay buddy?" Jin must have noticed the same thing I did because his gentle voice had the koala turning to him, his eyes and smile shy.

Noah nodded, but I could see he wanted to share it with us. "It's okay. You can ask us anything." Noah seemed to think about my words for a moment then moved from sitting between Y/N and me to my lap.

"Um... I want to go to school." Noah's words were quiet, almost too quiet as he spoke.

Y/N's face lit up in a smile. "School?"

Noah nodded again. "Yes." His eyes turned sad as he looked down at his lap. "I... I used to see the school groups come into the zoo and they always seemed to have so much fun. There were lots of kids and they got to talk to each other. I... I never got a chance to play with other kids."

The little koala's words broke my heart and it shattered even further at the tear that rolled down his tiny cheek. Pulling him close, I gave him a tight hug. I knew exactly what he was feeling since I never got the chance to go to school either. It was something I wanted to do, but never had the opportunity. I saw Jin look over at Y/N and I knew he was thinking just how fortunate he had been to have been raised in a family that saw him as one of their own children rather than a pet.

With a bright smile on his face, Jin reached over and ruffled Noah's hair. "Of course you can go to school. Y/N and I can go tomorrow on our lunch break and get you registered."

"Just like that?" Noah's eyes were wide with surprise and his mouth dropped open. "I... I can go?"

"Of course sweetie." Y/N held out her arms to Noah and he went willingly to her lap, wrapping his tiny arms around her neck. "You can go to school, play sports, join a club. Whatever you want to do."

Noah let out a happy sob and buried his face in Y/N's shoulder, hugging her tightly. "T-thank you Momma! I love you!" He sat up quickly when he realized what he said and I could see from the fear on his face that he was worried that Y/N was going to reject him, reject the love and affection he so badly wanted to give her.

"Well I love you too sweetie." Y/N's voice was gentle and I felt my heart melt with love for the both of them. From the smile on Noah's face, I could see he was getting everything he had ever dreamed of: love and a family.

***

"I fucking love you." Snuggled in bed later that evening, I pulled her close to my body, holding her tightly.

Y/N laughed at my intense expression. "Well I love you too, but where did that come from?"

Sighing, I tightened my arms around her. "It's just... everything about you. You are mated to seven horny hybrids. You've dealt with bullshit in every area of your life. And you took in a lonely little koala that needed a family. You're amazing and I never want to be without you."

Leaning forward, Y/N kissed my nose, making me smile. "I was very lucky to have Jin in my life. Having him as part of my family meant everything to me and I know it did make his life a little easier. I don't try and assume I know what being a hybrid is like since I am not one, but I do want to be able to help give them better lives. Noah? He was alone in the world and I wanted... I wanted to help him. He needed a family and we have such an amazing one."