Chapter 49

A/N: Surprise extra update!

Y/N POV:

I had just left Annie's room and made my way back to the nurse's station when a sight in front of me stopped me dead in my tracks, my heart instantly dropping to my stomach, my lunch from a few hours ago threatening to make a comeback. Standing in front of Sehun, her eyes on his face, was Evie. Evie. The fucking bitch that broke my Sehunnie six years ago, the one who had rejected him and left him devastated. He was frozen in his place and I hurried over to him, wrapping a protective arm around his waist. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Evie's eyes widened at my words. "I... I came to see Sehun."

"What? Rejecting him six years ago wasn't enough? Do you have any idea what we have been through because of you? Now I'm going to ask you again... what the fuck are you doing here?" I could tell from the tension in Sehun's slender frame that he had no idea why she was here, but from the way his hand gripped the one on his side, he knew I would protect him with everything I had, knew that I would keep him safe from whatever was about to happen, knew that I would always be there for him, no matter what.

Evie's eyes were filled with something I couldn't identify, something I didn't trust. Holding up her hands in a gesture of peace, she gave me a hesitant smile, one that was filled with promises, but promises that didn't seem completely sincere. "I just... just wanted to talk to him." Turning to Sehun, she reached out a hand, one I wanted to tear off. "Can we talk?" She eyed me carefully. "Alone please?"

Sehun turned to me and I could see the questions in his eyes, the uncertainty, the need to know what I was thinking about the whole situation. I gave him a subtle head shake and he nodded at me, trusting my judgment, something I felt instant relief at. "I don't... I don't think that's a good idea. If there is something you need to say to me, you can say it right here."

Evie sighed and dropped her hand. "I wanted to apologize for what happened six years ago. When I found out I was your mate, it scared me and I didn't know what to do about it all. I didn't know what it meant to be mated to a hybrid." Evie's eyes dropped to the ground but then she looked back up at Sehun, with what looked like a hopeful smile on her face. "I know nothing I can say will ever make things right, completely right, but... but I am hoping you will give me the change to make it up to you, make things right between us."

Stunned by her words and unsettled by her unanticipated appearance, I wanted to pull Sehun away from her, but I could see by the light that suddenly appeared in his eyes that all the things he had been hoping for were unexpectedly coming to true, were unexpectedly being given to him. "What... what about your father? What about what he wanted you to do?"

Evie shook her head, a sliver of regret and guilt in her eyes. "I haven't talked to my father in two years. You don't have to worry about him. It's... it's just me now."

"Sehunnie? Can we... can we please talk about this?" I didn't trust the woman in front of me at all, but I knew this was what Sehun had wanted all along, the only thing he ever wanted.

Shaking himself from the stupor he was in, Sehun looked over at me and nodded his head. "Y/N... Y/N is right. I need... I need time to think about this."

The small smile on Evie's face disappeared, but she nodded her head in return. "Of... of course. I understand." Taking a step closer to him, she pulled a pen out of her pocket and reached for Sehun's hand. I wanted to snatch her away from his grip, but he let her so there was nothing I could do. "This is my number. Please... please call me when you're ready to talk." Leaning up on her toes, she kissed his cheek before taking a step back. "Please call me Sehun. I've... I've missed you."