Chapter 55

Taehyung POV:

Standing there with bated breath and my golden wings fluttering anxiously behind me, I waited for my mates and the new addition to our family to enter. I let it out in a quick release when the door to the kitchen opened and Jin came in followed by Y/N. She had Noah in her arms, his thin arms wrapped around her neck tightly as he looked around the room.

"And we're finally here." Y/N's voice was soft as she spoke and I saw the tiny smile on the little boy's face bloom into a grin, one that made my heart beat quickly and a nervous bubble of happiness fill up my stomach.

"Wow! This... this is my new home?" I could see the worry and concern in his eyes, as he looked around, along with a look of hope, one that I recognized, one I had seen before in the eyes of all of my mates. "I get to live here?"

Nodding my head, I reached out to rub his head, smiling when he leaned further into my touch. "You sure do buddy. You want to see the rest of it?" Noah nodded excitedly and when I reached out my arms for him, he came right to me, his arms coming around my neck.

Followed by the others, who gave him excited greetings and happy smiles, I exited the kitchen, the tiny koala still in my arms. Noah's eyes were wide as they darted around the living room, trying to drink in everything, see it all. I saw him take in the big television, along with the shelves of video games and movies below it. "We usually all end up in here at the end of the day, snuggling on the sofa and watching movies or playing video games." Yoongi stretched a hand out to the room as he explained.

Noah nodded and I could see he liked the idea of everyone spending time together, being near each other at the end of a long busy day. "Would you like to see your room?" Jimin, who was standing by my side, reached up and touched Noah's shoulder.

Turning to me, eyes wide, the surprise was clear on Noah's face. "I get... I get my own room?"

Letting out a giggle, Jimin laughed. "You sure do buddy. Would you like to see it?" Noah's head bobbed excitedly and I turned in that direction. Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door to the room we had decorated with him in mind, hoping he would love it, hoping it would be okay for him.

The pale blue walls, the Iron Man bedding, the loft bed with the little slide. All pieces of a child's dream bedroom (or at least I hoped). I set Noah down carefully and watched him explore his bedroom, his tiny fingers reaching out but then pulling back, almost afraid to touch things, as though they were going to disappear like a mirage in the desert the instant he made contact.

"It's okay sweetie." Y/N's voice was gentle as she knelt down next to him. "This is yours. Everything in here is for you. If you don't like anything, we can..." A tiny sob and the koala hurling himself into her arms cut off Y/N's words.

"No! I... I l-love it. Pl-please don't ch-change anything." Noah's words were coming out in almost unintelligible sobs and my heart shattered into a million shards. "It's so n-nice!"

Y/N's arms came around him, holding him tightly, and I could see the sheen of tears in her eyes. "Oh sweetie. It's all right." As Noah continued to cry, Y/N rubbed his back, softly shushing him. Seeing her like this, with this little boy who had no one, made me realize just how badly I wanted this. Wanted this love, this family, this tenderness that I had been missing all of my life.

After watching the little boy explore his bedroom, we all gathered in the dining room for dinner. At first Noah seemed cautious, but soon he was participating in the conversations, telling us all the things he was eager to try. Apparently Jin had let the tiny koala use his tablet and Noah had been catching up on all the Disney movies and cartoons he had been missing, things he never had access to, things he wasn't allowed to know about or see before. The idea of this sweet baby missing out on so many things hurt my heart, but as I saw the excitmenet on his face and on the face of my mates, the tiny little shards started to pick themselves up and put themselves back together. It was a small indicator that things were going to be okay.