Chapter 36

Taehyung POV:

"Is the café okay with you?  Or would you prefer to go somewhere else?  Would you rather...?"  My words trailed off as my human mate squeezed my hand, settling the worrisome feeling that was tangling itself up in my stomach.

"The café is perfect.  It's actually one of my favorite places to go.  Sehun and I go there a lot."  Y/N's voice was gentle and reassuring, her eyes filled with happiness, a happiness that I knew was mirrored in my own expression.

Feeling calmer, I nodded, loving the sensation of her fingers in mine, her body close to me and her scent filling me up.  It was a scent that I wanted to cover myself with, a scent that filled my dreams at night, a scent that drove me crazy with need.  As we walked towards the café, we discussed Jimin, Jungkook and I moving in.  I could tell from the tone of Y/N's voice that she was just as excited as I was, as we were. 

"And you're sure everyone is okay with it?"  I couldn't stop the question from spilling from my lips, afraid of her response.  What if she says no and I just messed it all up? What if she changed her mind overnight and didn't want to make us feel bad by telling me?  What if...?  My thoughts trailed off as Y/N squeezed my hand tighter.

"We're absolutely certain.  We want you all there.  We want to be together with everyone."  Y/N's voice was strong, confident and I felt my anxiety about the whole situation start to dissipate.

I was afraid to ask the other question lingering in my mind, but it was something that I needed to know.  "I know... I know the decision was made for Kook, Minnie and I to still share a room, but would it... is it okay if I sometimes... maybe sleep with you?" 

Y/N stopped walking and tugged on my hand until I was facing her.  She reached up and ran a hand through my hair, her fingers gentle as she brushed the strands back from my face.  "Listen to me Tae.  We want you to feel at home.  You want to sleep with me?  That's okay with me.  You want to roll around on the floor?  That's fine too.  We want you to be comfortable with us.  We love you.  I... I love you."

My heart stuttered to a stop then started beating wildly at her words.  It was the words I had wanted to hear, but was afraid I never would, the words that I felt so envious of hearing her say to the others, but not yet to me.  "You... you love me?  Even... even after I rejected you?  Even after I pushed you away?"

Her smile soft, Y/N nodded.  "Yes Tae.  I love you.  I don't... I don't want to think about what happened before.  I want to focus on the future in front of us, a future I want to build with all of you."

"I love you.  I love you.  I love you so much."  I pulled her close, hugging her tightly, my wings protectively wrapping around her.  "I love you.  Thank... than you.  Thank you for forgiving me, for loving me, for letting me in."

Y/N stood up on her toes and pressed a soft kiss to my lips.  "There's nothing to forgive."

Leaning down, I connected my lips to hers, the first kiss between us gentle, tender and I knew right then that this was where I was supposed to be.  I felt complete and whole.  I felt the gap that I didn't even know was there begin to close up at the feel of her lips against mine.  Even though I wanted to take the kiss deeper, I pulled back, wanting her to know that I would be patient, that I would take my time with her. 

Y/N's eyes slowly opened and I could see the dazed look in them.  She blushed then hugged me tightly and I could felt like I could melt into her embrace.  Kissing her nose, I laughed then stepped back, wrapping an arm around her. "Come on my perfect mate.  Let's get you fed."

Laughing at my abrupt change of attitude, Y/N nodded.  "Okay Tae.  Let's go eat."  The rest of the walk to the café flew by and I felt like I was walking on air.  My mate was by my side.  I had kissed her for the first time and she told me she loved me.  Everything that I ever dreamed of was happening and I couldn't believe that it was.