Chapter 16

Yoongi POV:

"No." I shook my head and turned away from Y/N. "I don't want to meet them." We had been having this conversation since we met and even though I knew Y/N was only trying to help me, I had no interest in meeting my other two mates. I didn't even really want to meet Jungkook, but he came in with Jin and Hoseok, so I had no choice in the matter.

"Come on kitty. They're... they're leaving tomorrow. It will be good for you to at least get to know them." Y/N's hand touched mine gently and I couldn't help but feel my resolve start to soften.

Although the bond was calling me to them, the knowledge of them rejecting the beautiful woman in front of me hurt my heart and I didn't like how that made me feel. From the moment she hugged me in that hospital room after I attacked her, I knew I would do everything necessary to protect my mate. I was going to make sure nothing ever hurt her again, especially the three other mates who decided to reject her.

"I'm not changing my mind about staying with you. I want to be with you." I clenched her hand tightly, trying to let her know with my actions that I wanted to stay with her, that no matter what, I wasn't going to leave her.

Y/N grinned at my words and the pure elation in her smile touched my heart, making me feel like I was making the right decision. "I'm so happy to hear that kitty."

In the past week, I had gotten the opportunity to learn more about my human mate and I knew my initial impression of her was correct. She was kind, compassionate, and so caring about everyone, both human and hybrid. Hoseok had explained that the day I attacked her, she had just come back from the cemetery with Dr. Sehun after burying a hybrid who didn't survive and that the deaths affected her more than anyone else in the sanctuary. He had also let out that Y/N used the money left to her by her parents to pay for the burials. It was just one more thing that told me I was making the right decision to accept her as my mate.

I had noticed she was one of the few humans who worked at the sanctuary and Jin had explained it was because most humans chose not to study hybrid medicine. Y/N had been one of only two humans in her hybrid nursing program and had made that decision when she was still young, shortly after her parents had brought Jin home. The other two humans that worked in the sanctuary were in different area. One was a male doctor who worked in the Intensive Care Unit and the other was an older female doctor who worked in Labor and Delivery. I hadn't met them, but Jin assured me they were nice and had the hybrids best interest at heart.

"Do... do you really think I should meet the other mates?" I knew Y/N had been saying it, but I wanted to make sure she didn't mind. As much as I denied it, part of me wanted to meet them. Knowing my other mates were just down the hall was something I couldn't resist, even if I wanted to.

"Of course I do." Y/N squeezed my hand then kissed my cheek, making my heart flutter in anticipation. "It's going to be okay."

"O-okay, but can I..." My words trailed off, not sure how to ask the question hanging in the back of my mind without sounding desperate. "Can I kiss you first?"

Y/N looked surprised for a moment and I wanted to slap myself for being so forward but then she gave me that beautiful smile that I had grown to love and nodded. "I would like that."

Studying her face for any type of resistance and seeing none, I leaned forward and gently pressed my lips to hers, capturing them in a soft kiss. Keeping the touch gentle, I moved mine against hers for a moment, letting myself get caught up in her captivating aromatic scent, letting it wash over me and fill me up. Pulling back, I kissed her once more then leaned my forehead against hers. "I..." The words I wanted to say got caught in my throat and I pushed them back, believing it was too soon, too soon to tell her how I felt. It had only been a week, but I knew without a doubt that I never wanted to leave her side.