Chapter 41

Y/N POV:

"Fuck!" I twisted my wrists again, trying to loosen the itchy ropes that were currently looped around the chair behind me, holding me tightly to it. I had been trying for what seemed like hours and the only thing I had managed to do was rub the skin on my wrists raw. I could feel the blood dripping down but I didn't care. I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I could just imagine the terror that my mates were going through at the moment and it hurt my heart, knowing they were worried.

I looked over to the hybrid sitting in the chair next to me. His head was dropped down and I knew he was unconscious. His face was streaked with blood and a bruise was forming on his cheek. He had been taken at the same time as me and when he saw they had me, he had tried to fight back, tried to protect me in a way I hadn't expected. He had been knocked unconscious and I almost felt grateful for that, knowing his pain was limited at the moment. I tried calling his name, but there was nothing. If it wasn't for the slow movement of his chest, I would have been afraid he was dead from the way he sat so still.

Looking around the room, I tried to think of something, tried to think of a way to get out of this mess, but my mind was too filled with worries about the others. I felt a sense of relief knowing they weren't here, that they hadn't been pulled into this situation, but I knew they would be worried about me, trying to figure out what had happened. The whole situation had gone so fast that it was a blur to me. I knew my mates would be worried that I had left them on my own terms and I guess in a way I had.

Flashback:

"W-what the f-fuck are you d-doing here?" The face in the mirror behind me was one I recognized, but hadn't expected to ever see again, especially due to the way the relationship ended. I had thought myself to be in love with Sebastian, but after the horrid things he had said about Jin and about me, I knew that it wasn't love. Now there was nothing but a deep-seated hatred.

"What do you think I'm doing here?" Sebastian gave me a soft smile, one that set me on edge. "I'm here for you babe." He took a step toward me and I instinctively moved back, bumping into the edge of the sink and leaving me nowhere else to go.

Confused by his words, I studied his face. "What... what are you talking about?"

Sebastian grinned again, this time a sinister look behind it. "That disgusting little hybrid you have stole you from me. So I'm here to get you back." Sebastian shrugged as though it was no big deal. "I'm here to get you back where you're supposed to be."

"Jin stole me from you? What are you talking about? Jin... Jin and I were just friends." Throughout my relationship with Sebastian, I had tried to keep my feelings for Jin platonic, not wanting either of them to know I was in love with the marten hybrid, not wanting my feelings for Jin to damage our friendship.

Shaking his head, Sebastian scoffed at me and I knew he could see right through the lie. "Are you fucking serious right now? I knew you had feelings for that damn thing all along. You thought you could hide them from me, but it didn't work babe. I knew how you felt."

"Look Sebastian. I don't know what you want right now, but... but you need to leave." I went to move around him, to get out of this disaster, but Sebastian stopped me, holding up a hand.

"Nuh uh babe. Not how this is going to work. I came back for you and I'm not leaving without you. This is what's going to happen. You and me? We're going to sneak out of here. You're going to come with me." Sebastian crossed his arms over his chest, a smug smile on his face.

My mouth dropped open in surprise at his words and my eyes narrowed. "Like hell I am. Get the fuck out of my way." I went to brush past him again, but this time he grabbed my wrist, tightening his fingers around it.