Chapter 18

A/N: Just a heads up that the smut (or in this chapter mentions of) really gets going from here and will be in most, if not every, chapter. And we're talking explicit. Really explicit! Read the Welcome! chapter again if you need to remind yourself of what's about to happen.  This is your only warning!  It's going to get crazy from here on out! Enjoy!

Jimin POV:

"Nice job Jiminie." I turned to see Hoseok standing there, a grin on his face and his fluffy tail swaying back and forth. "The little ones seem to like you a lot."

Shutting down the stereo, I wiped my face with a towel then turned and made my way to Hoseok. As much as I wanted to hug him, take in his sweet orange dreamsicle scent, I held myself back, not wanting to get my sweat on him. "Thanks. The little ones are cute. They seem to listen pretty well and they're adorable."

Hoseok laughed and pulled me into a hug. "I don't care about the sweat. I just want to hug my mate."

Although I wanted to protest, I let myself relax in his arms. Even though I saw him everyday at the dance studio he helped me get a job at, it still wasn't enough. The faint scent of our other mates clung to him and I couldn't stop myself from taking it all in, let it cover me, let it surround me. "How is... is everyone?"

Kissing the top of my sweaty head, Hoseok released me. "Doing good. Jin helped assist on a complicated brain surgery and he was ecstatic and Joonie is loving having Tae work with him. He says the customers love him there. We move into the new house tomorrow so Yoongi will be joining us."

I felt a little pang of hurt at the mention of Yoongi. I had only seen my tiger mate once and from the way I acted, I wouldn't be surprised if he never wanted to see me again. It was still hard to imagine another hybrid torturing him the way that he was and it was something I didn't want to think about. I waited for a moment, seeing if would mention Y/N, but Hoseok changed the subject, asking about the new apartment. My heart sunk at the quick redirection, but I knew it was Hoseok's way of trying to protect her. He knew I didn't want anything to do with her, so why would he tell me anything? I kept trying to convince myself of that, ignoring the little voice in my head that was calling me a liar.

"The apartment's nice. They had a two bedroom, which we took, but we usually... usually just end up in the same bed at night." The apartment really was a nice place and I was surprised the sanctuary had helped us find it. After the uncomfortable interactions with Sehun, I was surprised they were willing to help us as much as they did.

Hoseok grinned. "Yeah. Kookie is a bed hopper. Jin would laugh and say he would usually start off in his own bed but then ended up in..." His words trailed off and he laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his next in a gesture I had become familiar with.

I knew what he had been about to say. I knew he had been going to mention Y/N, my human mate they all avoided talking about. As much as I didn't want to admit it to myself, I was dying for information about her. Was she eating well? Was she sleeping? Did she miss Jungkook? Did she miss Taehyung? Did... did she miss me? I hadn't spoken to her since the day I confronted her in the corridor at the sanctuary and anytime I did see her after that, she would turn and head the other direction, her fear of me rolling off of her in waves. Each time, a rush of guilt would crash over me and I would try to force it down. Try and tell myself that Taehyung was hurt because of people like her, but at this point, I knew she would never hurt him, that she would probably take better care of him than I could.

"Um... did you, Jin, and Joon want to come over this week? Have dinner with us? Hang out for a little bit maybe? Bring... bring Yoongi if he wants to come." I tried to keep my voice calm, but even I could sense the hopefulness that clung to every word. Twisting my fingers in front of me, I waited in anticipation for his answer.