Chapter 14

Jimin POV:

"Minnie?  Please go check on her."  The worry was clear in Taehyung's voice as he begged me to go see our human mate.  "Please."

Flashback:

Two hours earlier...

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"  I turned to Jin, who sitting in a chair by Taehyung's bedside.  Apparently, Y/N had been called to a local circus to help with a hostile hybrid.  Jin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon had decided to come to the sanctuary to wait for Y/N and visit Taehyung and me at the same time.

Jin shook his head.  "I'm sure.  I want to stay with my human mate."  His voice was serious and I wanted to argue with him, but the look in his eyes told me to leave it be. 

Changing the subject, I turned my attention to Hoseok.  "What kind of job are you thinking of getting?" 

Hoseok grinned at me, his eyes happy.  "My old owner, the old lady who was nice to me, signed me up for dance classes.  There's a hybrid friendly dance studio not far from here that Y/N... the people here told me about.  Starting next week, I'm going to be teaching dance classes."

At the smile on his face, I felt my own heart fill with happiness for my excited mate.  And I couldn't help but notice how he started to mention Y/N but changed his mind.  Once again, it was her that helped him.  Helped him find something that he would love.  It made me question again if I was making the right decision.  However, I turned to Taehyung, his injured wing still pink and my resolve hardened.

"What about you Jimin?  What are you going to do?"  Namjoon had his gaze focused on me.  I know he was angry with me about Y/N but he wasn't going to reject me.  He still decided he wanted to form our bond, which I was happy about. 

I shrugged my shoulders.  "I'm not sure yet.  Eric, the nurse, said he would bring us some options.  He said the sanctuary will put us up in a place, take care of the cost of that, but I would really like to work.  I don't feel right having someone else pay for us."

Namjoon nodded in understanding.  "I get that.  The owner of the coffee shop I work for is looking for someone else to work there.  The other barista is getting ready to attend college so she'll be leaving soon."

Taehyung's eyes brightened at his words.  He had worked in a coffee shop right before we met and I knew he actually loved the job.  He said he loved meeting new people and seeing repeat customers who would flash him the biggest smiles when he remembered their orders.

Looking over at me, Namjoon hesitated.  "Um... the owner isn't a... a hybrid, but the coffee shop is hybrid friendly.  He won't let anyone in who is rude to us."

I waved a hand at him, dismissing his worry.  "If Tae wants to work for a human, that's up to him.  I don't care."

Taehyung eyed me, but when I just gave him a reassuring smile, he turned back to Namjoon.  "I would love to come work there.  Will... will your boss hire me?"

Namjoon nodded.  "Sure he will.  He's really calm and laid back.  Other than... Owen is one of the nicest people I have ever met."

Once again, I could see the way he started to mention Y/N but stopped himself.  I respected them for not bringing her up around me, but another part of me was begging for information, wanting to know more about my human mate.

Before I could say anything else, a bunny hybrid rushed into the room, his eyes filled with tears.  He looked around the room, spotted Jin and hurried over to him.  "The a-ambulance just called.  They're b-bringing in Y/N.  S-she was hurt trying to help an injured hybrid.  He attacked h-her.  H-he bit her."  The bunny's words came out in short phrases and the tears spilled down his cheeks.