Chapter 11

Jimin POV:

"I wanted to get to know her!"

I couldn't believe the words that my mate blurted out. When I had come in the room, the only thing I could think of was that she was hurting Taehyung for the way I had treated her, for Jungkook wanting to leave her. I assumed she was taking her anger out on him, but as soon as Taehyung spoke, I realized I was wrong. Very wrong. "She... she didn't hurt you?"

Taehyung sighed and I could see the sorrow in his eyes. "No. She didn't even touch me, wouldn't come near me." His eyes dropped to the bed sheet that was clutched in his fingers. "She barely spoke to me. I told her about Jungkook coming with us."

"Aww was the little human broken hearted?" I couldn't keep the smugness from my voice, knowing she probably didn't care. What human would care about a hybrid leaving them?

"Yeah. She was."

Surprised by Taehyung's words, I looked over at my mate, the shock evident on my face. "You've got to be kidding me."

Taehyung shook his head, his eyes sad. "No. She... she said she just wanted him to be happy, even if it's not with her."

I rolled my eyes at his response. "You can't tell me you really believed her, right?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Taehyung was actually defending her! Against me!

"But I do. There's something different about her Jimin. She's not... she's not like other humans. She's kind, sweet, and so caring."

The tone in Taehyung's voice startled me. I could tell by his words that he was half in love with her already and I knew that if I let my guard down, the same thing would happen to me. I didn't want to admit it, but I had seen the same things that Taehyung had noticed.

"I never ask you to do anything Minnie. Ever. But this time? This time you were wrong and I'm begging you to go find her and apologize. Please Minnie. For me." Taehyung's voice was full of pleas and I knew he was right. As much as I hated to agree with him on this one, I knew I was wrong.

I hesitated but then nodded, knowing I needed to make things right between Taehyung and me. I leaned over and kissed his lips. "You're right babe. I'll go apologize to her, but I'm not accepting her as my mate." Taehyung sighed again, but I knew this was something he wouldn't ask me to do. I gave him one last kiss and left the room, looking for the little human that caused so many problems.

I made my way down the hall, not sure where to look, but just followed her scent. Just like the last time I looked for her, the scent led me right to the doctor's office. The door was cracked open and I peeked in and saw my mate snuggled in the doctor's arms, sobbing as though her heart was breaking. Every part of me wanted to yank her away from him, pull her into my arms, and wipe the tears from her pretty face, but I know I'm the one that caused them. I'm the one that made her cry.

"I don't know what to do Sehun. Why does he hate me so much? What did I do?" Y/N's words were broken and each one tore the hole that had formed in my heart a little bit more.

"Oh sweetie. Don't let him get to you. It's one hybrid out of hundreds that you've met that doesn't like you. Just one. Think of all the others that love you so much!" Sehun tilted her chin up to look at him. "Look at Chase. He was considered to be hostile when he came in, but now he's in that room calling for you like a lost kitten."

Y/N let out a dry laugh. "Yeah but this one? I'm... I'm his..." Her words trailed off.

"His mate? Oh I know sweetie. If he doesn't want you then he doesn't deserve you. You deserve someone who will love you, take care of you, and appreciate you. Just as much as I do." Sehun brushed a hair back from her face then leaned into kiss her forehead. "It's going to be okay. Plus, if he doesn't want you, you can always take Chase home with you."