Chapter 40

Jungkook POV:

"Kook? Please sit down. You're starting to make me dizzy." I looked over at Namjoon, who was watching me pace. I stopped for a moment, but my mind was too filled with worry about my human mate to keep still. Almost on their own volition, my feet moved and I was once again carving lines in the carpet in Jin's office, my footsteps muffled by the soft flooring. Namjoon sighed and I knew he was going to just leave me be, let me handle the stress the only way I knew how, the only way that worked for me.

Part of me wanted to believe that all of this was not really happening, but as I looked up at the faces of my mates, I knew my worst nightmares had come true. Yoongi was standing against the wall, his chin touching his chest, his fists clenched at his sides. Hoseok was seated on the arm of the sofa, an arm around Taehyung, who was silently crying. Namjoon had an arm around Jimin, trying to soothe the sobbing rabbit, the absolute look of devastation on his face shattering my heart. And Jin? Jin was seated in his desk chair, elbows on his knees, hands knotted in his hair. Since they grew up together, I knew Jin was probably the most worried out of all of us, knowing his best friend and first mate was gone.

A soft knock on the door had us all turning, our faces filled with expectation. The door opened the Carlos, one of the nurses, peeked in. "Um... Jin? Have you... have you seen Dr. Sehun? He's... he's missed his last appointment and we can't find him anywhere." There were dried tear tracks on the bunny's face and I knew he was worried about Y/N, but still trying to keep his composure enough to go about his business.

Jin's eyes widened in shock. "Are... are you sure? Sehun has never missed an appointment. Has anyone checked the lounge or his office?"

Carlos nodded. "We checked both places and tried his cell phone. It's... it's turned off."

The rest of us look at each as the bunny spoke. First Y/N and now Sehun? There was no way this was a coincidence. There had to be a connection here. Was it possible...?

Jin turned to me and shook his head as though he could read my thoughts before looking back at Carlos. "Give... give me a minute Carlos and I'll come help you look." Carlos nodded and left the room and Jin stood as he faced me, clear fury in his eyes. "Don't even think about it."

From the look on everyone's faces, I could see they were confused. "What's... what's going on here?" Namjoon looked back and forth between Jin and me.

"Our little mate here is thinking that Sehun has something to do with Y/N missing." Jin's eyes narrowed as he spoke and I couldn't help the flush that spread across my cheeks as he knew exactly what I was thinking, what I was feeling.

Holding up a hand, I tried to smooth the situation over. "Look Jin. I'm... it's just Dr. Sehun is her mate. It's only been the three of you for years and now all of a sudden she has five other mates. It... it would be hard for anyone to handle, for anyone to experience. What if Dr. Sehun...?" I let my words trail off but from the way Jin's eyes narrowed, I knew he had figured out exactly what I was thinking.

"No. Sehun would never do that to her, to me. He's a good doctor and a good man. He would never do anything that would hurt her like this. Stop. You're wrong." I could see from the look on Jin's face and wondered if I had gone too far. Had I stepped over the line? Maybe, but I couldn't get the thought from my mind.

"Look Jin. At least consider the possibility. Dr. Sehun is her mate, whether we like it or not. Now all of a sudden she is missing and he's nowhere to be found." I could see Jin's eyes narrow as I spoke, could tell that he didn't want to give in, not in the slightest. "You have to at least think about it."

Jin shook his head and I could see the irritation building in his face. "No. Sehun would never do something like this. He cares... he cares about her too much. Y/N brought Sehun back from the brink of death when Evie rejected him. There's no way..." Jin's voice trailed off and I could see the sudden uncertainty in his eyes, the panic in his voice indicating that it could be a possibility. I knew Sehun was his friend, was Y/N's friend and I hated putting that doubt in his mind, but he had to at least think about it. It was too suspicious for it to be only coincidence.