Chapter 37

Jimin POV:

"Are... are you sure you don't... don't mind?" I looked at my female mate in front of me. She was sitting on her bed, the lamp next to her filling the room with soft light. "I... I can go in with Kookie or..." My words trailed off as Y/N shook her head.

"Come here baby. It's okay." Y/N's words were soft and I couldn't stop the flutter of excitement in my chest when she called me baby. It was the second time she had done it and I loved it so damn much. I saw the way she babied my older mates and I wanted her to do the same with me, to let me in like she let them in.

Nodding my head, I moved over and climbed in the bed with her. I hesitated then lay down next to her, reaching out for her hand. I was worried when I asked her if I could sleep with her, afraid she would say no, but she had agreed without hesitation, without question. Now here I was, lying next to her, my heart pounding in my chest. There were so many things I wanted to do with her, to her, but I didn't want to rush her. The hybrid instinct in me was telling me to bury my cock in her and fill her with my kittens, but the common sense part of me was telling me to hold the fuck up, that our relationship wasn't there yet, not even close to being there yet.

Y/N reached out a hand and stroked one of my ears, her touch tender on the sensitive appendages. "Don't be nervous. I want... I want you to be here." She continued to stroke my ear and it helped me relax further.

"I love you Y/N. I love you so fucking much and I'm so lucky to be here with you. So lucky that you forgave me when I was such a terrible mate to you, when I..." The feeling of Y/N's lips against my own cut off my slew of words and anything else I had planned to say flew from my head like snow on a sunny day, disappearing so quickly that it almost made my head spin.

Her lips were soft against mine and she carded her fingers through my hair before gently tugging on the strands. I moaned against her lips, unable to stop the sound and she slipped her tongue in my mouth, deepening the kiss and causing my cock to harden fully underneath my thin sweats. Her scent of chocolate covered cherries surrounded me, filling me up and I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me.

Moving my lips away from hers, I began to kiss the side of her neck, letting myself get lost in the scent where it was the strongest. Y/N continued to stroke my ears and hair, soft little sounds escaping her lips when I nibbled on her throat. I hesitantly slipped a hand under the edge of her t-shirt and when she didn't stop me, I cupped her breast, finally able to feel the softness of her skin. The idea of them one day filling with milk for my kittens crossed my mind and my cock began to weep for my mate, arousal seeping from the head, leaving a sticky feeling behind in my sweats.

As much as I wanted to continue to touch her, to kiss her, to feel her naked beneath me, I knew it wasn't the right time. When that time came, I wanted to do this right, to love her right. Gently squeezing her breast one final time, I pulled my hand from her shirt and stroked her cheek, bringing her lips back to mine. A slight whine of protest left her lips and it was almost enough to change my mind, but I just kissed her gently.

"I love you Jimin." Y/N's words were soft and sincere and for what felt like the thousandth time, I wondered what had taken me so long to come to my senses. My female mate was beautiful and perfect, kind and caring, gentle and compassionate and I was so desperately in love with her that I knew now that I never wanted to be without her. I knew without a doubt that this is where I'm supposed to be, here in her arms, surrounded by her love, her scent, the love of my other mates.

As my mate drifted off to sleep wrapped in my arms, I vowed to myself to prove that I was worthy, worthy of Y/N, worthy of my other mates.

***