9

Liliah sat inside the car fixing the steering. Luckily she had fixed the radio so she was happily listening to a Muggle rock radio station as she worked. She heard a tap on the passenger side window. She looked up and saw Harry standing there. She reached over the console and opened the door for him. He slid in and shut the door. Liliah turned down the radio.

" Hey." She smiled.
" Hey. Ron told me you were working on the car here." Harry told her.
" Yeah and I'm almost done too. Plus I made these." Liliah opened the glove box on his side. She pulled out two key chains with keys. She handed one to Harry.
" A key?" Harry asked.
" No, well yes it's in the shape of a key but it's not that. See that little button well you can press it and the gps in the key is locked with the car. So it will find your exact location and came to you." Liliah explained.

" That's brilliant." Harry smiled at her.
" Thanks plus it clips onto your pants." Liliah clipped the key onto Harry's belt loop.
" Cool does it work yet?" Harry asked.
" Just tested them out yesterday." Liliah nodded.
" Thank you." Harry told her.
" No problem. Now why don't you tell me what you really wanted to talk to me about." Liliah said
Harry took a deep breath.

" Everyone thinks I'm the heir of Slytherin just because I can talk to snakes." Harry looked down.
" Well not everyone. I don't think your the great great great great grandson of that weird guy who founded Slytherin house." Liliah told him.
" But I could be." Harry said.
" Then why are you in Gryffindor and not Slytherin?" Liliah asked.
" Because I asked. I was almost put in Slytherin." Harry looked up at her.

" Harry that sorting hat is a big load of crap. You know that don't you? It doesn't put you in a house based on your personality or your family. It places you in a house based on what you value." Liliah started.
Harry gave her a confused look.
" Like for example, me. I'm a Gryffindor because I value bravery and being true and heroic. Because that's what I've grown up around. If my godfather went here he definitely has the personality of a typical Slytherin but he values being brave and a hero so he would be in Gryffindor. Another example is Cedric. God he is so sassy and a big pain in the ass. But he values friendship more then anything." Liliah explained.

" So you don't think a house defines your personality?" Harry asked.
" No. I think you would still be the same Harry you are now if you were put in Slytherin. I was almost put in Hufflepuff because I value being honest and true. But it wouldn't matter, I would still be the same person." Liliah told him.
" Thank you Li. I feel much better." Harry smiled.
" Not a problem. That's what I'm here for." She smiled back.

¥¥¥

Liliah walked through the dark corridors later that night. As she walked she played with her Captain America shield necklace. Not paying attention she stepped on something that made a crunchy noise. Her eyes widen and she looked down. Her eyebrows furrowed as bent down. She picked up a large piece of glass. She heard a swooshing sound. She turned her head and saw the near by window was broken. She turned back to look at the glass. When she did she saw two yellow eyes staring back at her. She didn't have time to react as she fell backwards.

Fred and George came running down the corridor away from the dung bombs they had just planted for Filch. Their laughed came to an immediate stop when they saw Liliah laying on the floor holding a piece of glass and not moving. Fred could feel his heart stop beating for a brief second.
" George go get help! Now!" Fred told his twin as he rushed over to Liliah.
He took the glass from her hand and held her.
" No, no please not you." Fred whispered to her.

Her face held a soft expression. Her big green eyes a little widen but normal and her lips sat in a pout. She wasn't wearing her glasses and Fred could feel them in her robes pocket. Fred eyes traveled over her face. He didn't even hear the hurried foot steps approaching him.
" Mister Weasley. Please let go." Professor McGonagall told the boy.
Fred looked up at her with glossy eyes. She felt for the boy truly, but she had seen this before. And she was confident on the outcome. Yet the denial stages were dreadful.

Reluctantly Fred handed over his Liliah to Professor McGonagall. She gave him a small smile as she lifted the girl with magic and rushed her to the hospital. The twins followed behind her. Once they got to the hospital wing they placed her on a bed. McGonagall left to alert Dumbledore as Madam Pomfrey started attending to the girl. Fred and George sat in two chairs next to the bed. Fred bounced his leg up and down impatiently. Not too long later McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape, And Lockheart appeared.

" What should we do Professor?" Snape asked.
" We must alert her father. I suspect he will want to know what happened to his daughter." Dumbledore told them.
He looked at the two young boys but his gaze rested on Fred.
" Boys can you tell us what happened?" Dumbledore asked.
" Well we were just making our way back to the common room when we found Liliah like this on the ground, but she was holding a piece of glass." George explained.
Fred couldn't talk which was concerning on its own. He just stared at Liliah, hoping that some how by him begging silently really hard she'd wake up.

" Thank you boys. Professor McGonagall will you escort Mister Weasley and Mister Weasley to the Gryffindor common room. Professor Snape start making preparations for her family." Dumbledore told them.
" Wait leave? I can't leave." Fred finally spoke.
" Unfortunately we cannot let you stay. But you may visit her tomorrow morning as soon as visiting hours start." Dumbledore told him.
Fred looked at Professor McGonagall. She just nodded and placed her hands on the both the boys shoulders. Fred huffed as he walked out of the hospital with his brother and McGonagall.

Once they reached the portrait hole McGonagall watched the two boys enter before making her way back to the hospital wing. Fred walked in and kicked the nearest thing to him. Everyone in the common room looked at him including the golden trio who were sitting on the couch. He walked over to the arm chair and fell down into it.
" God damnit." Fred placed his head in his hands.
" What happened?" Hermione asked.
" Liliah has been petrified. And were the ones who found her." George explained.

The trios eyes widen and they all looked at Fred. Harry felt a huge pit of guilt form in his stomach.
" I'm so sorry Fred." Hermione told him.
Fred looked up at them with red eyes from rubbing them to stop from crying. He didn't reply he just stood up and made a beeline to the boys dorm stairs. They all looked at George.
" His not taking well." George frowned.
Then he followed his twin up the stairs.

On the other side of the world Steve Rogers was peacefully asleep in his Brooklyn house. When a taping at the window woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and opened the windows. The owl hopped in. He took the letter and looked at the clock it was four in the morning here. Why was Liliah sending him a letter at eleven P.M. her time. That's when he noticed the owl wasn't Led Zeppelin and the writing on the front of the envelope wasn't hers and said Steve Rogers not Dad.

His tiredness suddenly left his body and he was now wide awake. He ripped open the letter and read it. Then he read it again. He couldn't believe what he was reading. He reached for his phone on the night stand. He dialed a few numbers then placed the phone to his ear.

" Tony hey it's me. Get the jet ready. Something's happened to Liliah." Steve said into the phone.