117

The trio followed John to an abandoned building by the railroad tracks. They found him sitting in the floor. He stood and approached them.
" Walker." Sam said.
" You guys should see a medic you don't look so good." John told them.

" Stop Walker." Sam said.
" What? You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!" John yelled.
" He didn't kill Lemar, John. Don't got down that road. Believe me it doesn't end well." Bucky shook his head.

" I'm not like you." John spat.
" Well your not like Steve. Meaning you're unworthy of that shield." Liliah told him.
" Look it was the heat of the battle. If you explain what happened they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt." Sam reassured him.

John didn't answer but just looked down.
" You gotta give me the shield man." Sam told him.
" Oh so that's what this is. You almost got me." John looked up at them.
" You made a mistake." Sam said.
" You don't wanna do this." John told him.
" Actually yes, yes we do." Liliah nodded.

Bucky started at him throwing a punch that John blocked. He then turned at kicked Sam. Liliah grabbed him and swung her legs around him. He twisted uncomfortably and fell. Liliah landed on her knee and he kicked her away. Bucky grabbed the shield and reached for his gun. John punched him and Bucky fell to the ground.

John raised the shield but Sam got up and hit him. He turned to hit Sam when Liliah tackled him down sideways. He threw her off and stood up. He threw the shield and Bucky tossing him back. John grabbed the shield again and started fighting Sam. They fought for a minute and John broke off Sam's wings.

He brought up he's shield back Liliah tackled him from behind. They both rolled on the ground. Bucky ran behind him and grabbed him. They fought for a second and then Sam got a hold of the shield. Bucky held onto him while Sam tried pulling the shield off his arm. Liliah saw a perfect opening. He ran to them and kicked the middle of Johns arm where the elbow was. Johns arm broke and Sam easily pulled the shield off. John screamed in pain.

" Its mine." John stood up.
" Its over John." Sam told him.
Bucky ran and picked up John then Sam flew up hit him with the shield. They all fell and the shield fell to the side. Liliah walked to the shield out of breath. She picked it up and looked at it. She wiped the blood off with her gloved covered hand.

Then she walked to Sam and put it next to him.

¥¥¥

" The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers. They've searched this camp and just like the last camp, nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her." Sam told Liliah and Bucky.
" I'm a bit more worried about her finding us." Liliah said.

" Hey you got your sleeve back." Torres walked in.
Bucky just looked at him then started walking out.
" Are you off to take care of Zemo?" Sam called after him.
Bucky looked at him then Liliah.
" I'll be in touch doll." He told her.
" So will I. Bye Barnes." Liliah nodded.

He gave her a nod then walked out.
" All right, good to know you survived!" Torres said.
" What's out next steps Torres?" Sam asked.
" Captain America killing a foreign national in public, it's kinda like a big deal. Like international incident big. Folks, uh higher up on the payroll are all over it now. So, unfortunately-" Torres started.

" They're taking jurisdiction." Liliah finished.
" Yeah." Torres nodded.
Liliah's hands went to her neck to play with her necklace.
" What happened to these?" Torres asked Sam.
" So is there anything we can do?" Sam asked.
" Not really. As you can see they've cordoned off the whole camp, and Karlis a ghost. After what went down she is laying extra low. Like under-underground." Torres explained.

" And that's why it make sense for us to get involved. The longer we let her regroup the harder it's gonna be to find her." Sam said.
" She's got people helping her from all over the world on all platforms. She's really really good at this thing." Torres told him.
" Yeah." Sam nodded looking over at Liliah who was playing with her necklace just listening.

" Anyways all we can do now is sit tight and just chill. Sometimes there's nothing to do until there's something to do." Torres said.
" That's bizarrely wise." Sam told him.
" We'll I'm a bizarrely wise Sam man." Torres chuckled.
Sam smiled and picked up the shield. He looked at Liliah.

" Mind if I take this?" He asked.
" We'll it is yours." Liliah smiled.
" Thanks Li, Thanks Torres." Sam told them.
" No problem stay in touch yeah?" Liliah asked.
" Of course Li, always." Sam nodded.
Liliah smiled at him then turned to walk away.

                                       ¥¥¥

Liliah fell down on her couch and sighed. She was back in her Brooklyn apartment. She rubbed her eyes under her glasses and let herself sink into the couch. The sound of vigorous knocking on the door made her groan and stand up.

She walked to the door and pulled it open.
" Hello?" Liliah asked before looking to see who it was.
" Hi." Fred smiled.
Liliah felt her entire world slow down. She stood absolutely still in his presence.
" Fred- I-" Liliah tried to foam a coherent sentence.
" No needs for words darling, I know." Fred nodded.

He took a step towards her and cupped her face. Before Liliah could fully process what was happening Fred smashed their lips together. Liliah was surprised for a second but soon felt the familiar feeling of Fred's lips on hers pushed her over her shocked state and she kissed back.

His hands slid from her face down to her hips. Liliah's heads went up to his shoulders as his hands went to behind her thighs. Liliah didn't need to be told twice and jumped in his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her hands entangled in his red hair. Fred pulled her impossibly close to him and kissed her harder.

They finally broke apart to catch some air. Liliah looked into the brown eyes she absolutely adored and smiled. Fred's eyes traveled across her face taking in every last detail. Just like he remembered, stunning.

" Do you umm wanna come in and look around? Talk?" Liliah asked.
" Yeah, that sounds nice. Sunflower." Fred said the word he has been dying to say for five years.
Liliah face split into a huge smile at the term of endearment. She loved it. She was his sunflower. Fred let her down and stepped fully into the house. Liliah blushed and chuckled as she closed the front door.

" Well we gave the neighbors quite a show didn't we." Liliah laughed.
Fred looked back at the now closed door and laughed. Liliah shook her head while smiling and grabbed his hand. She pulled him deeper into the house to start the tour.