115

Liliah sat on the couch writing a letter to her brother and Cedric. Sam sat at the bar while Zemo walked out of the bathroom after a shower. Bucky walked in and took his jacket off.

" Well the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. Bought us some more time." Bucky told them.
Liliah head shot up. Maybe Okoye and T'Challa were here.
" We're you followed?" Sam asked.
" No." Bucky said simply.
" How can you be so sure?" Zemo asked.
" Cause I know when I'm being followed." Bucky snapped.

" If they gave him time they wouldn't follow him." Liliah shook her head.
" It was sweet of you got defend me at least." Zemo smiled.
Liliah scoffed and went back to her letter.
" Hey you shut it. No one's defending you. You killed Negal." Sam told him.
" Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?" Zemo asked.

" May or may not?" Liliah asked.
" You straight up shot the man." Sam finished her thought.
" Sam, Li." Bucky got their attention.
" What's up?" Liliah asked.
" Karli bombed a GRC supply depot." Bucky told them.
" Well? What's the damage?" Sam asked.
" Eleven injured. Three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met." Bucky explained.

Liliah hand went into her hair and pushed it back and sighed.
" She's getting worse. I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?" Zemo asked.
" She's just a kid." Sam said.
" You're seeing something in her that isn't there. Your clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a super soldier will always trouble people. It's the warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers." Zemo explained.

" Hey those are our friends your talking about." Sam said.
" The Avengers not the Nazis." Bucky clarified.
" Hell, it's me your talking about. I've been an Avenger since I was fifteen. And lived with them my whole childhood. Sure Karli is radicalized but there has to be a peaceful way we can stop her. We at least have to try." Liliah told them.
" The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from the supremacist ideals. Anyone on that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her. Or she kills you." Zemo said.

" Maybe your wrong Zemo. The serum never corrupted Steve." Bucky told him.
" Touché. But there has never been another Steve Rogers has there?" Zemo asked.
Sam and Liliah looked at each other. Seeming to have the same but different thought come to mind.
" Well maybe we should give him to the Wakandans right now." Bucky said.

" Would be easier." Liliah teased.
" And give up your tour guide?" Zemo asked.
" Yes." Bucky nodded and sat next to Liliah.
" From my understanding Donya is like a pillar of the community right? So when I was a kid my TT passed away." Sam started.
Liliah and Bucky immediately looked at each other with the same expression.
" Your TT?" Bucky asked.

" Yeah my TT." Sam nodded.
" Who is your TT?" Bucky asked.
" Fine when I was a kid my aunt passed away. And the entire neighborhood got together for a ceremony. It was like a week long. Maybe they're doing the same thing for Donya." Sam suggested.
" Worth a shot." Liliah said.

" Your TT would be proud of you." Zemo told him.
Liliah let out a laugh but quickly covered it with her hands.
" Turkish delight. Irresistible." Zemo threw Sam a candy.
" Oh my god. Tony brought me these all the time when he went on trips. Let me have one." Liliah grabbed a candy.

The boys looked at her as she opened a candy and melted at the taste.

                                       ¥¥¥

The trio followed Zemo to a open area.
" Shame whats become of this place. When I was young we used to come here for fabulous dinners and parties. I knew nothing of the politics of the time, of course. But I remember it being beautiful." Zemo told them.
" I'm going to take a look around upstairs. See what you can find down here. Keep an eye on him. Li your with me." Sam instructed.
" Aye ye Captain." Liliah said and started walking towards the stairs.