Chapter 5

Steve was paralyzed with fear. But he realized if he didn't do anything he would die.

The Enderman's pupils were purple, and the "whites" of his eyes were magenta. Its jaw started opening wide and it was making a ghastly noise.

Steve got out his stone sword and swung. The Enderman teleported away before it could hit him. Steve scrambled to his feet outside of his house. The Enderman had gone about fifteen blocks away and was making its way back over to Steve, intent on destroying him.

Steve knew he didn't stand a chance with just a stone sword. He had one chance—the lake. He ran towards it. There were monsters everywhere. A Zombie saw him and walked to him. Steve pushed it away with his stone sword, not stopping. He had to get to the lake or he'd die.

Suddenly, the Enderman appeared in front of him. Steve dove to the left. The Enderman swung with its arms and missed. Steve rolled, jumped back up, and kept running to the lake.

A Spider, eight red eyes glowing, started towards him. It lunged, and Steve held out his sword. It impaled the Spider. Steve flung it to the side and continued running.

The Enderman teleported in front of Steve again. This time, it was too close to dodge left or right. He had one option—under. The Enderman's legs were spread apart, so Steve slid underneath them, swinging his sword as he went. This time the Enderman didn't have time to teleport away. The sword sliced it, and it disappeared.

Steve got back up and kept running to the lake. He heard the Enderman behind him, angrier than ever.

Steve jumped into the lake and turned around to look at the Enderman. It was still coming. Then Steve heard a hissing noise behind him. He knew what it was, but didn't have time to look. He dove deep into the water. The Creeper exploded, not doing much damage since they were in the middle of a lake. Steve had lost one heart.

He surfaced in the lake and saw the Enderman, staring at him angrily from the water's edge. It didn't take another step, just stared at Steve.

Steve allowed himself a triumphant grin. "What, you afraid of water, big boy?" he yelled cockily.

The Enderman made an angry noise in reply. Steve kept grinning and relaxed on his back in the water. I guess I'll just sleep here for tonight. The Enderman will go away in the morning.

Steve closed his eyes. The water was relaxing. He was totally calm, ignoring the cries of protest the Enderman made.

Then he felt searing pain in his shoulder. Steve knew what it was, especially since this wasn't the first time it happened in his short life he remembered. It was an arrow. From a Skeleton.

Steve looked around. The Skeleton was on the opposite side of the lake from the Enderman. It shot again, but missed. How am I gonna get out of this one? Steve thought. Porkchops isn't here to save me this time.

He had to choose, Skeleton or Enderman.

He chose neither. He swam to the left side with the few oak and birch trees near it, dodging arrows as he went. He climbed onto the shore and ran to the trees as fast as he could. He had a feeling the Enderman would appear at any second.

He ran to hide behind an oak tree, then realized someone else had already claimed that spot. Another Skeleton. They were already right next to each other, so Steve swung his sword. The Skeleton made a clattering noise. Steve hit it twice more before it could even shoot, and it died. It dropped three arrows, and a bow. The bow was the best part. Steve picked it and the arrows up. At the same time, he realized it had gotten lighter out, and the sky was a pinkish color.

Steve got out the bow and aimed at the Skeleton from behind the tree. It seemed to have forgotten about him. He noticed the Enderman was gone out of the corner of his eye. He didn't care. He had to kill this Skeleton.

He pulled back the bow as far as it could go and shot one of the three arrows. It hit the ground in front of the Skeleton. The Skelly looked up, suddenly remembering Steve. It shot an arrow of its own. It hit the oak tree. Steve shot one back. It hit the Skeleton. The Skeleton lurched backwards and returned fire. It missed again. Steve shot the last arrow. The world seemed to be going in slow motion.

The arrow missed.

The Skeleton shot again, and Steve had to duck behind the tree to avoid getting hit. He then knew what he had to do. He took a deep breath, and charged towards the Skeleton, sword out.

The Skeleton seemed surprised by the sudden turn of events. After a second, it recollected itself and shot again. Steve felt pain in his knee. But he kept running, and when he was within striking distance, he swung, connecting with the Skeleton's neck, killing it. It dropped two bones.

Steve looked up. It was morning now. All the other Zombies and Skeletons were burning to death. He breathed a sigh of relief. Then he realized he was starving. His steak was probably done cooking back home, so he started walking towards his house. As he was walking, he heard a familiar noise. Right behind him. He turned around.

The Enderman.

Steve stabbed out with his sword instinctively. Surprisingly, the Enderman didn't teleport away fast enough. It made an angry noise as it was hit, then disappeared.

Steve saw it appear again about thirty blocks away. Unfortunately for the Enderman, thirty blocks away happened to be in the lake. The Enderman fell in, made a series of angry cries, then died.

Steve sighed in relief again. He continued walking back to his house. He was exhausted. He walked through the front door, took the three steak out of the furnace, and ate one of them. He instantly felt better.

Then he slumped down on the floor and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading, make sure you vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist