Chapter 35

Jay's Point of View

Jay and Ruby were walking back to Creektown after a long day of hunting. While they were out, they discussed what to do about Steve's amnesia. One thing had become clear: they had to get his memories back.

"23, 24, 25, 26! Ha! Beat that!" Jay bragged. He was counting how much meat he had collected on this hunting trip.

"24, 25, 26, 27, 28! In your face!" Ruby stuck our her tongue at Jay.

"Dang you," Jay muttered.

He and Ruby were really good friends. They were two of the first members to join the Resistance. Since then, the two of them and Steve had been an inseperable trio.

Until, of course, Steve was kidnapped by Mojang and had his memories erased.

His best buddy not remembering any of their great adventures really sucked. Now who was gonna back Jay up when he lied about what happened to make it more interesting?

The sun was sinking, but they still had some daylight left. Finally, they caught sight of Creektown.

They could immediately tell something was wrong. Smoke was rising from one particular area of the village.

Jay and Ruby took off for Creektown, not saying a word. When they reached the town, they realized the smoke was coming from little Louis' house. They raced towards it.

When they reached the scene, tons of people were already there. Nina and Jerry had Louis in their arms, so they were okay. But what happened?

Lourd was standing next to Louis, who was retelling the story. Jay moved closer.

"...and then there was this guy in a spacesuit, who was like, shooting arrows at him! He dodged them, 'cause he's so awesome, but then the other guy sword fought with him too! And there was a guy behind him with a bag, but he didn't realize it, and I called out to him but they got him! Then they took him away!" Louis explained breathlessly.

Lourd nodded. "What happened?" Jay asked, confused.

Lourd looked him straight in the eye. "Bounty hunters came. And they got Steve."

* * *

It didn't take too long to assemble a strike team. Jay, Ruby, Kirai, and Tommy were all on horses, riding to Sector 30, where they knew Jeb's headquarters were.

Before they had left, Jay had stopped by to check on his two dogs, Sadie and Jessie. They were the best dogs in the world, always obeying his commands. Sadie had a purple collar, and Jessie had a pink one. Both had jumped on him when he returned and licked him till his face fell off.

Jay had fed them and then left. He and the three others saddled up on horses from the stables. They brought minimal supplies. This was a rescue mission, not an attack mission.

A few hours later, it was night time, but luckily they had reached Sector 30. It was a city, with buildings lining all of the streets. There was no nature, except for the flower pots in some apartment windows.

The glowstone lamps provided plenty of light to see by. Jay, Ruby, Kirai, and Tommy tied their horses to a post and travelled on foot through the city.

"So how are we gonna find this dude's base?" Jay asked.

"Simple. We know it's underground, so we look for the nastiest underground entrance," Ruby said like it was obvious.

Jay shrugged. They decided to split into pairs so they could cover more ground. Ruby went with Kirai and Jay went with Tommy.

When Kirai and Ruby left, Jay asked, "So where should we start looking, Tommy?"

He shrugged. "You don't talk much, do you?" Jay asked.

Tommy shrugged again. He was a 16 year old Villager, so he was as tall as most adults. But his face didn't look as old as most Villagers.

"Alright, let's go this way," Jay said, pointing in a random direction.

They started walking. Most people were asleep in bed, since it was like two in the morning, but every now and then they saw a few people outside.

Jay and Tommy were walking down a particularly messy street. Jay walked by himself for a few seconds until he realized Tommy had stopped. He turned around.

Tommy was crouching near some cobblestone in the ground. At first glance, it looked like it was placed there to cover up a hole. But as Jay looked closer, he realized it was there for a specific purpose.

Tommy felt around on the ground, searching for something. He finally pressed something, and the six by six pad of cobblestone opened, revealing a staircase.

"Nice work, Tommy!" Jay exclaimed. "Should we tell the girls?"

"We're already here, stupid," came Kirai's voice from behind them.

Jay stood up, embarrassed. But he recovered quickly. "Hey, babe. See how fast I found the base?"

Kirai ignored him and put her hand on Tommy's shoulder. "Good work, Tommy," she said.

Tommy smiled, then sheepishly looked away as Jay sent a death glare at him.

"Well, let's go!" Ruby announced, and walked down the stairs. Tommy followed, then Kirai, and Jay took up the rear. He felt along the wall until he found a button. He pressed it, and the pad above them covered the hole again.

Luckily, there were torches along the walls of the stone brick staircase, so they could see. Hopefully, no one would be awake at this hour.

"So what's the plan?" Jay whispered loudly.

"We find Steve, then we get out of here!" Ruby whipsered back.

They came to a hallway with doors on either side. Music and voices were floating out of the first doorway on the left. They skipped that one.

Up ahead, two guards stood in front of an iron door. They hadn't noticed the intruders yet.

"That must be the jail, where Steve is!" Jay exclaimed.

The two guards snapped their heads over to where the intruders were standing. They looked at each other, then charged.

Tommy took one down immediately with his bow and arrow, and Ruby sparred with the other one. Iron sword clashed against iron sword, but Ruby was a much more skilled swordsman--swordswoman. Ruby overpowered the man and he fell.

Meanwhile, Kirai had run up ahead to the iron door. "It's locked!" she cried.

Jay held up a block of TNT.

"That's why I brought this," he said mischievously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, there wasn't much action in this chapter. But don't worry, there will be plenty in the next one.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist

Update 7/28/15: Character entries are closed. I am not taking any more characters in this book.