Chapter 19

Steve was in a large room full of weapons, armor, and potions. After he accepted the fight with the strongest warrior, Notch had led him to a room on floor 74. It was a preparation room.

Steve was told nothing about who the warrior would be, but he assumed it would be some really buff guy in diamond armor. So, he prepared for the battle.

He walked over to a chest labeled 'Swords'. He opened it. Inside were tons of diamond, gold, iron, stone, and even wooden swords. Steve chose a diamond one.

Then he found a chest labeled 'Bows'. He opened it, and chose a bow enchanted with power and infinity. He picked up one arrow. The infinity enchantment would allow him to shoot as many arrows as he wanted, and the power would make his shots stronger.

Last, Steve walked over to a chest marked 'Armor'. There were helmets, chestplates, leggings, and boots of all kinds of materials. He took out a full set of diamond armor.

Steve was ready for the battle.

Two men took him to floor 75, and when they opened the door, Steve could not believe his eyes.

It was a giant arena, which took up almost the entire floor. There were glass windows on three sides, and crowds of cheering people behind all of them.

On the side that wasn't made of glass, the right side, was an iron wall. There was a big door at least thirty blocks tall and fifteen blocks wide in the middle. Steve had no idea what it was for.

The arena itself was huge, at least fifty blocks high. There were trees everywhere on the left side, and rocks everywhere on the right. In the middle was a large obsidian platform.

Steve slowly walked into the arena, looking around in awe. He heard Notch's voice coming from some hidden speakers.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Combat Battle number 156!" The crowd cheered. Steve wondered who these people were.

"Our first contestant, Steve!" The crowd screamed even louder. Steve walked onto the obsidian platform.

"And our second contestant..." Notch said. The giant door on the right side of the arena, which Steve was now facing, started to open. It rose, making a loud mechanical sound.

"The Iron Destroyyyyyer!" Notch yelled. The crowd cheered the loudest they had ever been.

The Iron Destroyer? Steve thought. Why is he called that?

The door finished rising, and a large figure stepped out of the darkness. Steve's jaw dropped.

It was a giant iron golem. Most iron golems are only about five blocks tall. This one was at least twenty five. It had giant arms, a giant head, giant legs, giant everything. Its eyes glowed red. The Iron Destroyer roared a mechanical roar.

"How am I supposed to beat that thing?!" Steve yelled.

"I have no idea!" Notch replied happily through the speakers. "No one has ever beaten it before!"

"This is not a fair deal!" Steve cried.

"Hey, you never asked who our strongest warrior was," Notch said. "Anyway, let the battle beeeeeeeeginnnnnnnnn!"

Steve didn't know what to do. He doubted his sword could break The Iron Destroyer's armor. Neither could his bow.

I knew I should've gotten some TNT, Steve thought regretfully.

The humongous iron golem lifted its arm and shot an iron block at Steve. It was going so fast it probably would've killed him. Luckily, he dived out of the way just in time.