Chapter 71

Steve's Point of View

They were trapped.

Delta was blocking the stairwell behind them, and the rest of the commanders were blocking the stairwell in front of them.

Steve didn't know what to do.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Beta asked in his raspy voice.

He had said that before.

Back in the ravine.

"Five people about to take you down," Lourd said cockily. Lourd wasn't usually cocky.

All the commanders laughed. Steve noticed Alpha wasn't there.

"I severely doubt that," Beta replied. "It's eight to five. You're outnumbered."

Steve waited for someone to barge in and save him like they usually did.

But no one came.

"We can still win this," Steve mumbled behind him, loud enough for his friends to hear, but not loud enough for the commanders to hear. "On my mark, attack."

"Ya know, you five remind me of a certain...someone...trapped and afraid," Beta said. "What was his name again? Oh yes. Porkchops."

Steve clenched his fists.

Beta was just taunting him now.

Steve would make sure Beta never hurt anyone he loved again.

"NOW!" Steve yelled.

The five Resistance members attacked.

* * *

Jay's Point of View

"I hate this!" Kirai screamed, clutching Jay's shirt.

They were riding on the Ghast, which was flying pretty fast. Nomis was sitting normally, not scared at all. Tommy was sitting near the edge, feeling the wind on his face.

Jay and Kirai were sitting in the middle. Kirai had her eyes shut tight, holding on to Jay for dear life.

Jay was basking in her affection.

He put his arm around her, and she buried her face more in his chest. Jay grinned.

"I thought you were tough," Jay said.

"Oh, shut up, Jay," Kirai murmured into his chest without looking up.

Jay couldn't really see over the edge, but he knew they were flying over Sector 30, which was a city.

Suddenly, the Ghast flashed red, and it cried out.

Something had shot it.

Jay climbed over to the edge leaving Kirai in the middle. He looked down.

There was a girl on the top of a building with a bow in her hands. She had shot the Ghast.

"Wait, stop!" Jay shouted.

The girl looked around in confusion. She couldn't see Jay.

"Go down!" Jay yelled to the Ghast. It obeyed.

The Ghast hovered next to the building as Jay, Kirai, Nomis, Simon, and Tommy jumped off.

The girl looked at them.

She looked around eighteen years old. She had purple hair and a pale face. She wore black leggings and a dark purple jacket over a light purple shirt. But the most stunning thing about her was her eyes.