Chapter 44

Jay's Point of View

Jay threw his TNT and flint and steel to Steve, then continued beheading the Mojang Creepers with his diamond axe.

He had to admit, it was kinda fun. Dodging explosions, decapitating Creepers, it was all like one big video game.

His friends didn't seem to think so, though.

Tommy was still shooting the Creepers down, but he wasn't fast enough. There was just too many.

Cupcake and Kirai weren't doing too well, either. The circle of Creepers around them was slowly closing in.

One of the twins was unconscious against the wall, while the other was checking to make sure she was okay.

Godhand threw as many potions as he could at the Creepers, and Todd was unconscious against a wall too.

Jay hoped Steve would hurry up and blow the place up.

As he was running, Jay found a flint and steel on the ground. He didn't know where it came from, but he didn't care. He picked it up.

Steve was taking too long. Jay would have to blow this place up himself.

A Creeper came at him, and Jay lit the ground beneath it. The Mojang monster caught on fire, and was about to blow up. At the last minute, Jay flying side kicked the Creeper, and it flew to the back of the room.

It exploded on one of the support beams.

Immediately, the building began to shake. A siren started wailing.

It was time to go.

* * *

Steve's Point of View

Steve ran up the stairs. There were so many of them, it was getting tiring.

He ran and ran. Once, he came across a Creeper in an iron helmet. It noticed him and immediately blew up, putting a hole in the stairs and sending Steve flying down them. But the Creeper was still alive.

Now Steve and the Creeper were seperated by a huge hole in the stairs. It seemed to smirk at him.

But it didn't know what was coming.

Steve grabbed a long wire that was hanging in front of him and swung, as if he were on a vine. His feet connected with the Creeper's body, sending it flying over the railing and plummeting down to the bottom floor.

Steve continued climbing the stairs.

He came to a landing that had a door. Stairs also continued upward, but Steve decided to try this door. He opened it.

It was just a small catwalk, with machines bellowing steam on either side of it. Theta was not in there.

But another boy was.

He looked to be about eighteen. He had brown hair. He wore black leather pants and brown Roman style boots, with a navy blue vest and fingerless gloves. He was standing on the catwalk, facing the other direction so that his back was turned to Steve.

"Who are you?" Steve asked cautiously.

The guy turned around, startled. He had bright blue eyes. He looked Steve up and down.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Steve, leader of the Mojang Resistance. I'm here to blow this place up. Who are you?" Steve repeated.

"I'm Scullscan," said the boy.

"Scullscan? What kinda name--" Steve was cut off by a loud siren.

It wailed, piercing Steve's ears. He covered them. Scullscan just stood there.

Man, he's tough, Steve thought.

Suddenly, a mechanical voice came over a loudspeaker.

"Attention. This building is unstable. Please exit the building in an orderly fashion. Thank you."

It repeated this over and over again. Some Creeper explosions downstairs must've made the building unstable.

But Steve's job wasn't finished yet.

"Come with me if you wanna live," he said to Scullscan.

The boy didn't hesitate. He followed Steve back onto the landing. They started up the stairs once more.

"Why are we going up?" Scullscan yelled over the sound of the siren. "The building's unstable! We should go down!"

"My job isn't done yet!" Steve yelled without looking back.

They came to a platform. They were at the top of the building now. Once they went through this door, they would find Theta.

Steve opened the door, Scullscan on his heels. They walked into a large room with a control panel on one side, and machines in all sorts of places. The siren continued wailing as the red lights shone.

And Theta was at the control panel.

He pressed a button with his face (since he had no arms), and the siren stopped abruptly. Then Theta turned to face them.

"Why, hello again, Steve!" Theta said in his hoarse voice.

"Step aside, Theta," Steve growled as he got out his TNT.

"Oh! How rude. Here, before you go and blow this place up, the Almighty Notch wanted me to show you something," Theta said. He turned back to the control panel and pressed another button with his face.

A large screen appeared in the middle of the room. A video started playing. At the bottom, it said "LIVE FEED".

It was the room Steve had landed in after he jumped through the blue portal awhile ago, in Mojang Headquarters. The same people with computers were there. But this time, the room was a little more cramped.

Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Slimes, and Witches with iron helmets were lining up behind the portal. Alpha, the Zombie with the gold helmet, was at the front, facing the troops. He was yelling something.

At first, Steve couldn't tell what he was saying, but then he understood.

"....attack on Creektown will commense in just one hour! Is everyone ready?" he shouted in a gravelly voice.

Steve gasped. The video feed cut off, and the screen disappeared. Theta smirked at him.

"You see? This was all a trap. We knew you would come here, thanks to our little spy," the Creeper said.

"Todd," Steve growled under his breath.

"Er...yes. Anyway, there is no way you can go back to save them, because your plane was just..." A loud boom was heard outside. "Destroyed," Theta finished.

"You monster," Steve said. But Theta was right.

There was no way they could save the Resistance now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like Scullscan? That's scullscan's character. Go follow her!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist

Update 7/28/15: Character entries are closed. I am not taking any more characters in this book.