Chapter 8

Jean's Point of View

Jean walked through the doors of the main building at Mojang Headquarters, nodding to the two security guards as she went. She couldn't believe Steve had seen the attack on Harville. Notch would not be happy with that.

She walked over to the elevators, pressed the button, and waited for it to come down. Jean knew they should've put Steve in a Sector farther away than 36. Or maybe they shouldn't have even let him live.

The elevator arrived, and Jean walked in, pressing the button for the hundredth floor, the top. A man walked in behind her, pressing the button for the eighteenth floor.

"Skeleton department, huh?" Jean asked the man.

"Yes, ma'am," he said nervously. Of course he was nervous. Jean was the second-most important person in this building, next to Notch.

"Any progress yet?" she asked him.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied. "Zombies and Skeletons are easy. I'm glad I'm not one of the poor suckers who works in the Creeper department, or even the Endermen depeartment. They will be mighty difficult to control."

"So the Skeletons are cooperating?" Jean asked, ignoring the comment about Creepers and Endermen.

"Most of the time, yes," the man replied, seemingly more confident. "Sometimes they decide to shoot somewhere else, or not shoot at all, but they mostly cooperate. We just gotta work out a few more bugs then we're good."

"Good," Jean replied as the elevator reached the 18th floor and the man walked out.

Ever since they harnessed the technology Herobrine used to control monsters, Mojang has been using it to control all the monsters in the world. So far only the Zombies have cooperated, and apparently the Skeletons are close, too.

Their reason for controlling monsters was so everyone feared Mojang. They would fear them so much that they would obey them. Then, Mojang could control the entire world!

Of course, that's not what they were telling people. They told everyone they would control monsters so they wouldn't get in the way of people going about their daily lives.       

The attack on Harville was going to be used as a promo for controlling monsters. Mojang was going to act like they weren't controlling the Zombies that attacked the village. People would edit any clues of Mojang being there out of the footage. Mojang would say something like "Don't you hate Zombies attacking your village like this one? Well, we can fix that! With our new ability to control monsters, they won't get in your way anymore!", or some made up lie like that. Jean didn't see it as evil. Just a way of life.

The elevator dinged as it reached the hundredth floor. Jean walked out of the elevator. This floor was eerily quiet, but it was always like that. Notch let very few people up to his personal office.

Jean walked down the hallway to his door, wondering how she was going to tell him about Steve. Hey, remember that guy who almost shut down all of Mojang last week? And how we put him in Sector 36 and removed his memories? Yeah, well he saw the attack on Harville and most likely knows something about Mojang now. That was a stupid thing to say, but that's pretty much what happened.

Jean decided she would figure something out. She took a deep breath and knocked on Notch's door on the left side of the hallway.

"Come in!" a seemingly carefree middle-aged man's voice called out.

Jean opened the door and walked inside. It was large for an office, but that was expected since Notch was the boss of Mojang. The right wall was entirely made of glass, but you couldn't really see anything out of it because it was so high up. The moon shone through the window, casting a ghostly glow upon the room. The other three walls had lots of crazy paintings all over them. Notch's desk was in the center of the room. Behind it, sat Notch.

Notch stood up and beamed at Jean. He was a middle-aged man who was always smiling and bouncing around. He had beady black eyes, and a somewhat long black beard. He wore a brown shirt and gray pants.

"Hello, hello!" Notch said excitedly. "How was the attack on Harville? Good, I presume?" He sat back down and indicated a chair in front of his desk. "Please, please, sit down!"

Jean was always overwhelmed by Notch's kindness. He seemed like he should be a burly man who didn't talk much, being the president of Mojang and all. But, he wasn't.

Jean sat down and took out her small camera. She flipped to the photo she took of Steve and showed it to Notch, who had sat down across from her. "Steve saw the attack," she said solemnly.

Notch's eternal smile faded. "How is that possible?" he murmured, more to himself than to Jean. "We erased his memories and put him all the way out in Sector 36. Yet he still manages to see everything."

Jean cut in. "I'm sure it was purely coincidental. He may not have any idea what Mojang is." She knew this was a lie. Steve surely has figured something out about them.

"Yes, yes, maybe," Notch said, seemingly in deep thought. "But we can not take any risks. Has he set up a house or shelter near the village?"

Jean took out her Minetablet and went to her recent messages with one of the surveillance workers assigned to Sector 36. She reread the conversation and said to Notch, "Apparently there was a house built recently near a small lake a few hours away from the village. Our sources say Steve was the one who built it."

Notch thought for a moment, then said, "Send in the Skeletons. Steve can not live any longer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for taking so long to update, I've been busy lately.

But anyway, thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist