Chapter 60

Jay's Point of View

Jay, Kirai, and Scullscan exited the Nether portal. They had eventually found it with no more trouble.

They stepped out in Sector 48, which was a swamp. Looking around, they saw a Witch hut about fifty blocks away. Somehow, it looked slightly bigger than normal Witch huts.

"Well let's go see if the little helper is home," Jay suggested, and the three of them trudged through the swamp.

They walked up to the Witch hut. Jay knocked on the door.

They heard a lot of fumbling around inside, then the door finally opened.

A girl that was about one and a half blocks tall, (most adults and teenagers were two blocks tall), stood there. She had black hair in a ponytail, green eyes, and she wore a grey T-shirt and grey pants. She looked very athletic, and was maybe 18 years old.

"Hello," Jay said. "Are you Madge's helper?"

"That's none of your business," she said, crossing her arms.

"Well, we need to know if you can help us--" Jay started.

"I'm not helping you with anything," she interrupted.

"Well--" Jay started again, but Kirai elbowed him. "Let me handle this," she said.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Kirai asked the girl.

"First of all, I'm 18, so don't call me sweetie. Second of all, my name is Nomis," the girl answered.

"Nomis?" Jay asked. "What kinda name is--"

Scullscan elbowed him in the ribs.

"Okay, Nomis, could you help us with something?" Kirai asked as sweetly as she could.

"No." She slammed the door in their faces.

"Touchy," Kirai said. "Looks like we're gonna have to force her."

She side kicked the door, and it fell down.

Nomis looked up from across the room, surprised.

The place was a mess. There were brewing stands and potions everywhere. There were chests and ender chests, crafting tables, even a TV on the side of the room. But there was still a big empty space in the middle of the hut.

A black cat with a white face and a white stripe down the middle sat on one of the chests. Jay could see that the name tag said 'Simon'.

"Get out of my hut," Nomis said menacingly.

"First of all, this is Madge's hut," Jay pointed out. "And second of all, how are you gonna stop us?"

Suddenly, Nomis ran at Jay so fast he didn't have time to pull out a weapon. She punched him in the face twice really fast, then swept his legs out from under him. Jay fell to the floor.

Then she ran at Scullscan. He also wasn't fast enough, and soon he was on the ground too.

Kirai had had time to pull out her diamond sword. She swung at Nomis when she charged at her.

Nomis ducked and slid, and while she was sliding she kicked the sword out of Kirai's hands.

It clattered on the floor near Jay.

Nomis swung with her fist, but Kirai blocked it. They did karate and kung fu and tae-kwon-do on each other. Nomis had obviously trained with only her hands and feet.

Kirai attempted to sweep her legs out from under her, but Nomis jumped and punched Kirai in the face. Kirai tried palming her in the head, but Nomis grabbed her wrist and threw her.