Chapter 30

Steve and Jay walked tiredly through the mine and back into Creektown. Life seemed normal there, which was a good thing.

Steve and Jay returned their half melted armor to the armory. They kept the swords with them.

The clock in the armory read 4:00. The sun would be setting soon.

"Hey, wanna come see my dogs?" Jay asked. "Sadie and Jessie are the best dogs in the world. They're at my house."

Steve shrugged. "Sure," he said. He had nothing better to do.

"Alright," Jay said. "This way."

They started walking down the gravel road, away from the Town Hall. On their way, a girl Steve hadn't noticed before stopped in front of them.

She looked around 18 years old. She had long, waist length golden red hair and amber eyes. She wore an Enderman hoodie, a purple shirt, jeans, and green shoes. She had headphones around her neck that were black with green on them.

"Hey guys," she said. "You look beaten up. What happened down there?"

Jay leaned in and whispered to Steve. "That's Kirai. She's hot."

"Shut up, Jay," Kirai snapped. Jay reddened and took a step back.

"Um, hi, Kirai," Steve said nervously. "Well, we found Mojang had taken over the Nether down there, and found they were plotting to destroy the Resistance. Someone had found out that we were here in Creektown. So, we released all the Nether monsters they were keeping prisoner and they destroyed the base. Hopefully they won't be able to attack us now."

Kirai listened to the story intently, nodding her head. "That's not good. We gotta tell Lourd."

"Um, excuse me," Jay said. "It's not good that we destroyed Mojang's base in the Nether? Because it was pretty awesome, if you ask me. We rode freaking Ghasts."

"Shut up, Jay," Kirai said again. "C'mon, Steve, let's go find Lourd."

They started walking the other way, and Jay whispered to Steve. "She totally digs me."

"Shut up Jay!" Kirai yelled without looking back at him.

Steve shrugged at him and followed Kirai. Jay went back to his house. It was just Steve and Kirai, which made him a little nervous. Jay was right, she was kinda hot. But what about Ruby? He still didn't know if he was in a relationship with her or not.

"So, what made you join the Resistance?" Steve asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

Kirai didn't answer for at least a minute, and Steve was starting to wonder if she hadn't heard him. But then she spoke.

"My parents owned a Zombie farm. Ya know, where they spawn Zombies and kill em for materials. You'd be surprised how much rotten flesh can sell for. Anyway, one day, Mojang came by our little farm. They took all the Zombies, and then killed my parents. It was about two years ago, and I was out hunting for food that day. When I returned, everything was gone. Everything except an iron helmet, with the word Mojang on it."

Steve didn't know what to say. He remembered when he had found a Mojang helmet in Harville. That has led him on this wild goose chase. Pretty much the same thing happened with Kirai.

"I'm sorry," Steve said, cause that's all he could think of.

"It's okay," Kirai replied. "I have my friends here in the Resistance now."

"We're uh...always here for you?" Steve tried sounding reassuring.

Kirai laughed. "I know you guys are." They reached the center of the village. Goley was trying to catch a chicken with the same girl he had been playing with before. "Here we are," Kirai announced. "Go on in."