Chapter 53

They drove in silence for awhile. Steve couldn't believe he had gotten three of the strike team members killed. He had promised Lourd he would get everyone back safely. And now Lee, Godhand, and Todd were gone.

The worst part was that Steve had believed Todd was a spy since he met him. And he obviously wasn't, if he saved the entire strike team.

Of course, the Wither could come back if someone spawned it again. That led to another question, who spawned the Wither? Why would they want to kill the entire strike team?

It was obviously Mojang. But how had they known that the strike team was there? Maybe Todd was a spy...

But no, he couldn't be. He had proved that he wasn't. Did that mean that someone else on the strike team was a spy?

Scullscan sat right next to Steve. Was he a spy? Well, the Villagers of Leonardtown seemed to know him, so he couldn't be one.

Maybe someone else was a spy. But the big question was...

Who?

There was also the matter of Todd and how he got to jail. He said he had burned down an entire village, and killed everyone. He had the burn marks to prove it. But why would he kill an entire population?

Now Steve would never know, because Todd was dead. And Steve knew next to nothing about his life.

And there was also the fact that Herobrine had saved them from a bunch of bounty hunters. Why had he done that? He was evil. And also, why was he collecting iron from everywhere in the Sectors? What did he need iron for?

And the last question that had been nagging at Steve since the power plant was: Was the Resistance okay? Mojang had staged a full on attack on them. Were they still alive? Was Ruby and Lourd and Louis and Alex okay? Steve hoped they were.

There were way too many questions that Steve couldn't answer. (Ha I spent 300 words recapping everything.)

At the moment, the two trucks had left the desert. They were now travelling through some grassy plains, similar to the ones back in Sector 36. According to Scullscan, they were in Sector 14, which was above Sector 21, which had the desert and Leonardtown.

The truck in front of them stopped. Steve stopped too, wondering what they were doing.

Jay got out of the truck, followed by Kirai, Cupcake--who was awake now--, and Tommy, who was carrying a sobbing Dee in his arms.

Steve and Scullscan got out of their truck. The two groups met in the middle.

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

"Well, for one thing, we're out of gas," Jay answered. "And there are no gas stations in the non-city Sectors."

"Why don't we--" Steve started.

"We can't go into the cities, those places are crawling with Mojang," Kirai interrupted.

"Well then we can find some fuel," Steve replied. "What does it run on?"

"Redstone," Jay replied. "That's gonna be real hard to find."

"How about this," Steve suggested. "We keep driving in my truck, and when that one runs out of fuel, we go mine some redstone."

"Works for me," Jay replied. "Let's go."

Steve drove again, with Jay in shotgun. The other five crammed in the back. Steve tried to make it as smooth a ride as possible.

* * *

They ran out of gas in Sector 13, a snowy area. It was cold, but they had to get out.

The seven of them stood shivering in front of the truck.

"You guys ready to go mining?" Steve asked.

"Sure," Scullscan replied when no one said anything.

They found a cave big enough for all of them to stay in. They placed torches everywhere, making it as warm as possible. They decided to mine in shifts.

Steve, Dee, and Cupcake went first. Dee barely did anything. She wasn't crying anymore, she was just silent all the time. Steve guessed that was normal. She had lost a twin sister.

Cupcake and Steve found a lot of redstone. They also found a lot of empty holes. Steve guessed they must be where the iron ore used to be. Herobrine must've already been here.

The three of them returned to the cave with thirty four redstone. That was probably enough to make the truck move about a mile. Not enough.

Jay, Kirai, and Tommy went next. Scullscan had fallen asleep, so Steve let him stay up there with them.

It was night time now. Dee sat in the corner, staring out the opening of the cave. Cupcake laid down on the floor, trying to sleep.

Suddenly, Scullscan jolted awake. He looked terrified.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked, concerned.

"I had a dream. But it felt like...a vision," Scullscan replied shakily.

"What happened in it?" Steve asked.

"We...we're going to split up into two groups. One group will keep going to Creektown, the other will go to an old Witch's hut. I don't know the reason. But...we will split up, and...and..." Scullscan trailed off.

"And what?" Steve asked.

"And both groups will be attacked," Scullscan said. "By terrible things."

"How do you know this?" Steve asked.

"I don't know. But...right before the vision started, I saw...Herobrine's face," Scullscan replied.

"Do you think it's true?" Steve asked.

Scullscan nodded. "I don't know why, but I feel like this is going to happen. And that we have to do it."

"But why would we need to go to an old Witch's hut?" Steve asked.

Suddenly, Jay burst into the cave from up the stairs.

"Guys," he said breathlessly. "We need to go to an old Witch's hut."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHUT UP, I KNOW IT'S A BORING CHAPTER!

Thanks for reading, and make sure to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist