Chapter 70

Jay's Point of View

Jay felt two tongues licking his face. He opened his eyes.

Sadie and Jessie were licking him. During the battle, they had stayed back with Nina and Louis, Emily, and the other kids.

The battle had been at night, but now it was dawn.

Nomis and Kirai were leaning over him.

Kirai.

Jay stood up quickly, making his dogs fall over.

Kirai was standing in front of him.

And she was alive.

"But...you're...dead?" Jay said, confused.

Kirai laughed. "Are you sure? Cuz I'm right here."

"B-b-but-but-but--" Jay stammered.

"I used my only reviving potion on her. I told you that," Nomis stated.

"You did?" Jay asked, still confused.

Nomis facepalmed herself. "Well anyway, I saw how much Kirai means to you. So I used my one and only reviving potion on her, when I should've been reversing these monsters so we didn't have to kill them all. You're welcome."

Jay didn't know what to say.

Kirai hugged Nomis. "Thank you," she said gratefully.

Jay looked around and quickly counted the survivors.

Twenty.

There were sixty people fighting.

Twenty survived.

Forty died.

Jay saw Manga, sword in hands. He had luckily survived. Tommy was also still alive. So was Hal, the Villager priest.

Those were all the people Jay really knew that had survived.

Twenty.

Louis, Emily, the kids, and Nina had come out from the bunker. All the survivors stood in a circle.

A few tame Ghasts were flying off to the side.

"So...what now?" Kirai asked.

"We have to go help Steve and them at Mojang Headquarters," Jay answered.

"But how will we get there in time? I'm out of teleportation potions," Nomis asked.

Jay looked at the Ghasts.

He grinned.

* * *

Alpha's Point of View

All of the Overworld units were back in the parking lot of Mojang Headquarters. Their leaders all stood closest to the building.

"What do we do now?" Delta asked in his slimy voice.

"Jean just said to come back to Headquarters. She didn't say why," Epsilon replied in his shaky voice.

"I guess we should go up to her office," Theta suggested in his hoarse voice.

"Wait guys, do you hear that?" Eta asked in her creaky voice.

The commanders listened closely.

Alpha thought he heard some yelling.

"Look!" Iota said in his shrill voice, pointing to the gates.

Alpha and the commanders looked.

At least thirty people were charging through the gates. Looking closer, Alpha realized who they were.