Chapter 77

Steve's Point of View

"So...what now?" Jay asked.

The Ender Dragon had died. Now Steve, Jay, Kirai, Alice, Nomis, Tommy, Scullscan, Sharky, Simon, Ghoul, the Zombie, Skeleton, Enderman, and Witch stood in a circle, not knowing what to do. All the other monsters that had been helping had died.

The four monsters started walking away.

"Bye! Thanks for the help!" Kirai called after them.

They didn't turn around.

"Now that the Mojang monsters are dead, the regular monsters will probably go back to trying to kill us," Steve said.

"Better than Mojang monsters trying to kill us," Jay replied. "Hey hold on a sec, where's Ruby?"

Steve didn't reply. Tears welled up in his eyes once again, and he turned around.

He heard Scullscan whisper something to them, and Jay gasped.

Steve turned back around, trying to ignore everything that had happened.

"Who's going to lead the Sectors now?" Steve asked. "We killed all the government leaders."

"Not all of them," came a voice. Jay and Kirai turned around.

Behind them was Jean.

"What? How? How are you alive?" Steve asked.

"I have my ways," she replied. She looked really beaten up, and maybe had a couple broken bones, but she was alive.

Steve noticed everyone advancing slowly towards her with weapons.

"Guys, stop! She's on our side. She killed Notch," Steve explained.

Everyone stopped.

"It's true. And I'm prepared to lead the government. But this time, it'll be good," Jean said.

"Alright lady," Jay said. "But first, I want to know everything that happened in that building while we were fighting the Nether monsters. Spill it, Steve."

Steve told his whole story, with the help of Sharky and Scullscan.

"Now tell us what happened with you guys," Steve said.

Jay told his whole story, with the help of Kirai and Nomis.

"Now that we're all caught up," Steve said. "How are you going to lead a government when everyone in it died?

"Oh, we have a secret base in Sector 1," Jean answered. "There's at least two hundred people there. We'll be fine once I tell them we aren't evil anymore."

"You better not try controlling any more monsters," Jay said.

"Don't worry, we won't," Jean replied. "Alpha told me monsters don't like being controlled. For now, Mojang will focus on helping rebuild the Sectors. Because you know, the Ender Dragon and our monsters kinda destroyed everything."

"Alright, good," Steve said. "But if you try anything funny, we will come over there."

Jean laughed, surprising everyone. "Alright. Well, have fun Resistance." She started walking away, then turned around again. "Wait, you can't be called the Resistance anymore, since you have nothing to resist. What will you guys be called?"

Steve looked around at everyone. "Friends," he said.

Jay pretended to gag. "Okay, that was cheesy dude."

Steve laughed. "I know."

"Okay, bye," Jean said. She walked away.

"So, how are we getting home?" Steve asked.

Jay grinned. Then he whistled.

The Ghast flew over to them.

Anyone up for another Ghast ride?" Jay asked.

Kirai groaned. "Again?"

Jay put his arm around her. "I got you babe."

Kirai smiled.

Steve raised his eyebrow at Jay, who wiggled his eyebrows back.

"Alice, do you want to come with us?" Jay asked.

"Sure," Alice replied. "But where are we going?"

"Home," Steve answered.

"Okay, dude, you are being way too cheesy today," Jay said. "We have to rebuild Creektown back in Sector 29, but yes, it is home." He said this to Alice.

"Alright, I'll come," Alice replied. "I'm taking Ghoul though."

"Okay. What about you, Sharky and Scullscan?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, I've had enough adventures for now," Scullscan answered. "I'll come live in Creektown."

"Me too. I think it's time for me to give up my life of crime," Sharky said. "For now."

Everyone laughed.

"Then let's saddle up, everybody," Jay said, hopping on to the Ghast with Kirai. Everyone followed.

Steve was last. Before he got on, he looked back at what used to be Mojang Headquarters. He wondered what it would become. He also wondered if anyone else survived.

Then he hopped on the Ghast, and they flew away.

* * *

Unknown's Point of View

Through a pile of twisted metal, iron, and what used to be Mojang Headquarters, a figure rose.

Steve thought he had killed him.

Well, he was wrong.

Soon, it would be time to get what he had been waiting for.

Vengeance.

* * *

Steve's Point of View

As they were flying back to Creektown, Steve sat by himself.

He looked through his inventory, and found what he was looking for.

His memories.

Steve turned the bottle over in his hands, thinking.

He watched Kirai cuddle in Jay's arms.

He watched the usually silent Tommy and Alice talking.

He watched Nomis and Simon playing.

He watched Scullscan and Sharky playing with Ghoul.

Everyone had someone to love.

But Steve had lost everyone he loved.

Did he really want to remember Ruby and his family, when he also knew he couldn't see them again?

Did he really want to suffer that torment again?

Besides, Steve had had enough memories since he woke up back in that forest, to last him a lifetime.

Steve thought about it.

He took a deep breath.

And he threw his memories off the Ghast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lied last chapter, it was actually only one chapter to go.

Now it's zero.

Except for the epilogue, which will be posted tomorrow.

And guess what?

We got to 3k reads before the book ended!

Yay!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist