Chapter 18

"You...are coming with me," said CaptainSparklez. His iron armor was dented in places from the fight with Mitch.

"Wait. What's 200 emeralds to you? Aren't you famous?" Steve asked.

"This isn't just about money, you dimwit," Sparklez said.

"Then...what is it about?" Steve asked, confused.

"You know very well what," Sparklez said, starting to lose his patience.

"Actually I don't. Mojang erased my memories so I don't remember anything up to a few days ago," Steve said.

"Oh. Well the less you know, the better," Sparklez said, and he raised his iron sword above his head, ready to strike.

Steve saw his chance, and he took it.

He stabbed CaptainSparklez in the heart with his diamond sword.

At least, he tried to. But his iron armor held, so the diamond sword just clanged off. But it was still a strong enough blow to knock the wind out of Sparklez.

The bounty hunter stumbled back, doubled over. Steve pushed him down, and sprinted away down the grassland.

He heard no signs of pursuit, and after he felt he had gone far enough, he turned around.

None of the bounty hunters were to be seen. There were animals roaming the plains everywhere: cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, horses. But there were no lethal bounty hunters trying to kill him.

Steve ate some bread, and turned around, ready to continue his journey to Mojang.

And he came face-to-face with a Nether portal.

Which activated, turning blue.

Steve didn't know why he did what he did next. Maybe he was really brave. Or maybe he just wasn't thinking.

But he jumped into the blue portal.

He felt a weird spinning sensation, and he swore he saw a Slime with a gold helmet fly past him.

Then everything turned black.

"What the nether?" Steve faintly heard a voice say. "He wasn't supposed to go through the portal. Who messed up the coordinates?"

The voice sounded feminine. The voice that responded was male though.

"That would be me, ma'am," said the man.

Steve heard a bang. Then the woman said, "Someone go get Notch. He'll know what to do with him."

At this, Steve opened his eyes. What he saw was not a pretty sight.

A woman was directly on front of him, pointing a gun at him. She looked familiar, and Steve instantly recognized her as the woman from the Harville attack. She was the only woman he had met on his lifetime that he remembered.

A man lay dead on the floor to the right of Steve, next to a desk with a highly sophisticated looking computer on it. Blood was seeping out of a hole in his head.

An army of Slimes were to his left, all with iron helmets on their heads. They were standing near a Nether portal with a blue center, the one Steve had just come out of.

There were other people in the room too, all behind desks with fancy computers on them. The room was fairly large, maybe the size of half a football field.

"Hello, Steve," said the woman.

"Who are you? Where am I?" Steve asked, although he was pretty sure he knew the answer to both of those questions.

"I am Jean, successor of Notch. And you, are in Mojang Headquarters," Jean replied, smiling.

I have to destroy this place, Steve thought. But how?

Suddenly, the double doors behind Jean opened. In came a man. Instantly, Steve knew who it was.

"Steve!" Notch called happily. "I've been looking forward to seeing you again!" He had a big smile on his face.

Steve was confused. Why was Notch acting like this? Then he saw the annoyed look on Jean's face, and he knew he was always like this.

Steve slowly got to his feet, Jean keeping the gun pointed at his head the entire time. "I've been looking forward to seeing you, too, Notch," Steve said. "So I could do this."

He nimbly drew his diamond sword, hit the gun out of Jean's hands, then threw the sword at Notch's head.

Unfortunately, Notch simply reached out and grabbed the hilt of the sword.

And snapped it in half.

"Let's try this again," Notch said enthusiastically. "I have a deal for you, and it's one you will not want to turn down. Come with me, to my office."

Without waiting, he walked out of the room.

Steve looked at Jean, who just shrugged. "Follow him," she said, picking up her gun.

He decided to listen to her. He waled out the door into a hallway, where Notch was walking down the left side to an elevator. Steve followed.

The hallway wasn't very decorative. It was made of simple blue stained clay. No windows, no nothing.

He reached the elevator, where Notch waited for him with a big grin. The elevator was coming up from floor 24. Steve wondered what floor they were on now.

"Do you like our HQ?" Notch asked while they waited.

"Of course," Steve replied, not knowing what else to say. Fortunately, the elevator arrived, and they entered it.

Notch pressed the button for floor 100. They were on floor 50 at the moment.

They rode up in silence. Steve checked his inventory, wondering if he could kill Notch right now.

He still had his iron sword, but Notch would probably break that just like his diamond one.

He had pickaxes, axes, and shovels, but those wouldn't do him any good. There was nothing Steve could do.

The elevator dinged as they reached floor 100. Notch walked out first, walking down the simple blue stained clay hallway. He went to the last door on the left and opened it, gesturing for Steve to walk through. He did.

(See description in Chapter 8, I don't feel like re-describing it.)

"Sit, sit," Notch said, pointing to the chair across from his desk. Steve sat in it, and Notch said behind his desk, opposite from Steve.

"So, how has your day been?" Notch asked politely.

"Just tell me the deal," Steve said.

"Okay! Always straight to the point, aren't ya?" Notch said happily. "Here's the deal. You leave the Sectors and never return again, orrrrrr you fight our strongest warrior."

"What kind of deal is that?" Steve asked.

"Well, if you leave the Sectors, we will never bother you again. But, if you choose to stay here, we will let you fight our strongest warrior in battle. If you win, you get to go back to Sector 29 and continue on your journey," Notch explained. "But of you die, well, you'll be dead!" he laughed.

Steve thought for a moment. He could probably take the leave Secors option and still come back and continue his journey. But he knew the capabilities of Mojang. Either way, he couldn't stay here. But he could continue his journey to here.

"I'll take on your strongest warrior."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The play is today, so I'll be updating more often.

Thanks for reading, and remember to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist