Chapter 17

Steve's Point of View

Steve trudged through the swamp, all the recent events whirling around his brain.

The attack on Harville, the Skeleton chase in the ravine, Porkchops' death, the Spider battle in the jungle temple, Good Spider's death, and the Slime capturing. It was all too much. Plus, he had just woken up less than a week ago, so these memories were all he had. And he hated Mojang for it.

At least, he assumed Mojang were the ones who erased his memories. All the events pointed to the fact that they did. But why would they? Did he try to stop them before? Probably.

Steve's only hope now was to keep moving. He had to get to Mojang Headquarters, and stop Notch and Jean. No matter what it took.

The sun was rising in the sky. The air was humid around Steve, since he was in a swamp. There were no Slimes out, since the Mojang people had captured all them.

Steve didn't have a map of Sector 29. He had the Sector Map, but that didn't say what was in each Sector he would just have to keep going north.

Steve's day was going horribly until he remembered what he had in his inventory.

Diamonds.

Hefting his stone axe, he cut down a nearby oak tree and made the wood into planks. Then he made a crafting table, and then he made sticks.

Finally, Steve got out the two diamonds from the jungle temple. He placed them and the stick on the crafting table, then got crafting.

About five minutes later, Steve held up the finished product and praised it.

A diamond sword.

Steve held the diamond sword up to the sky and said aloud,

"You better watch out Mojang. I'm coming."

Suddenly, Steve heard a whistling noise. It sounded like an arrow from a bow, but much faster.

He whirled around just as an arrow flew past, lodging itself in his brand new diamond sword.

Judging from the trajectory, the arrow must've come from the sky. Steve looked up, just in time to see a blinding white body crashing into his.

Steve and the mysterious figure struggled for a few seconds on the ground. They finally untangled themselves and they both stood up.

The man was in full iron armor, but there were streaks of green paint on it in some design. He switched his enchanted bow out with an iron sword. But what struck Steve most was the face.

He had blue eyes, a brown mustache, and brown hair from what Steve could see, big bushy eyebrows, and red and black sunglasses under his eyes.

The man seemed familiar to Steve, but he couldn't quite put his finger on who it was.

And he didn't have time to either. The man rushed straight for him, and Steve barely had time to block the iron sword swing with his diamond one.

The man swung quickly and powerfully. Steve barely had time to block each of his swings. Although Steve's diamond sword was stronger than the man's iron one, the man had full iron armor, and Steve had none. He had given his helmet to Porkchops.

The man kept swinging, but somehow Steve kept the blade from hitting him. Then the iron man swung for Steve's legs, and Steve blocked, and this time the swords were locked together. They held them close to their chests, both trying to overpower the other sword.

While doing this, Steve got a good look at the man's face. He knew him from somewhere. Maybe not personally, but definitely recognized him.

Suddenly, a thought came through. It felt like it was trying to climb from the black hole of his memory. It was a name.

CaptainSparklez.

Just as Steve thought this, the man flung Steve backwards, and he landed in the swampy water.

CaptainSparklez towered over Steve, iron sword raised. He was about to swing down when something crashed into his body, sending Sparklez and the other man flying to the side.

Steve quickly climbed out of the water. The two men were struggling on the ground, just like Steve had with CaptainSparklez.

The other man was in enchanted chainmail armor, so Steve could see his clothes. They looked like normal street clothes, a red and black checkered jacket with a white undershirt, jeans, and red tennis shoes. He was pale, and had long brown hair and brown eyes.

Again, Steve felt like he knew who this was too. He struggled to remember, but this time a thought could not reach him.

CaptainSparklez and the other man got up. They started fighting, iron sword verses iron sword. They both struck very quickly, and they were moving so fast they were almost a blur.

Steve saw this as his chance to escape. He was about to run north again, when a piece of paper on the ground caught his attention.

There was a picture of Steve on it. Above his picture was the word, "WANTED", and below was his name and the words, "DEAD OR ALIVE FOR 200 EMERALDS".

These two were bounty hunters. And then another thought hit Steve.

Mitch.

That must be the other guy's name. He and CaptainSparklez were both bounty hunters, and they were fighting over who got to kill Steve.

Well, Steve wouldn't let either of them kill him. He ran north, but there was no more land to run on. There was a grassland on the other side of a large body of shallow water. And there were lily pads in the water.

So, Steve jumped from lily pad to lily pad, soaking his feet. He didn't care, as long as he got away from these bounty hunters.

Suddenly, there was another whistling noise. Steve ducked, and an arrow flew over his head.

He turned around, seeing CaptainSparklez with his bow and arrow poised to shoot again. But Mitch, who had fallen into the water, jumped up and tackled Sparklez again. The two bounty hunters continued fighting.

Steve turned back around, ready to jump to the next lily pad, when something dropped out of the sky onto that lily pad.

Another one? Steve thought. Where are they even coming from?

This one didn't really seem like a man. He had brown fur all over his body, and a tuxedo with a red tie. The face was animal like.

Steve knew what this was. These animals had gone extinct long ago.

A bacca.

And if this was a bacca, it must be the only one left alive. He was famous. His name was...Steve couldn't remember.

"The name's Jerome," said the bacca. "And you're going to come with me."

"In your dreams, Chewbacca," Steve replied, brandishing his diamond sword.

"Why you little..." Jerome growled, pulling out two diamond axes.

At least this one doesn't have armor, Steve thought.

The bacca jumped at him, and Steve stumbled back into the water, making Jerome miss. The bacca regained his feet first, and would've butchered Steve up if Mitch hadn't tackled him from behind.

The two splashed into the water next to Steve, and they fought and fought. Jerome seemed to be stronger.

"What the Nether?!" the bacca yelled. "I thought we were on a team!"

"You were trying to take all the credit for yourself," Mitch replied through gritted teeth.

Steve didn't question this. Instead, he ran. He jumped across the lily pads until he was on the grassland. He turned around to check the bounty hunters' status. Mitch and Jerome were still fighting in the shallow water.

Steve turned back around, ready to continue his journey to Mojang Headquarters. But someone blocked his path.

CaptainSparklez.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys like the popular Youtubers being in this story? Yeah you do.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist