Chapter 51

Steve's Point of View

"Where are we gonna play Spleef in the middle of the desert?" Jay asked.

Bill walked over to a building and pressed a button on it. With a loud rumbling noise, an entire Spleef arena rose out of the ground about fifty blocks away from the village.

Jay gaped. "How did you do that without electricity?"

"What do you mean?" Bill asked.

"I--never mind," Jay said.

"You have ten minutes to prepare. You may have five people on your team. We will give you the equipment when you get to the arena," Bill explained. "Your ten minutes starts now."

The nine Resistance members put their heads together. "Alright, who here doesn't want to play?" Steve asked.

"Us," Lee and Dee said together.

"Me too," Cupcake said.

"Alright. Obviously, Jay and I will play. Who should be the other three?" Steve asked.

"Kirai can play," Jay said.

Kirai and Steve both gave Jay a look. He grinned and looked away.

"Tommy, Todd, Godhand, how good are you guys at Spleef?" Steve asked.

"I'm alright," Godhand answered.

"I'm awesome at it," Todd replied.

Tommy shrugged.

"Oh, Tommy's really good," Kirai said. "We had a Spleef tournament in the Resistance last winter. Tommy got second place."

Tommy blushed. "Who got first place?" Steve asked.

Kirai's face darkened. "Manny," she answered shortly.

Steve was confused at first, but then he remembered Lourd saying that Manny used to be a member of the Resistance. He was killed by Mojang.

"Oh. Well, Tommy's on the team. Godhand, Todd, which one of you will join?" Steve asked.

"You can go," Godhand said to Todd. "I'll sit out."

"Alright we got our team. Let's go play some Spleef!" Steve said.

* * *

The Spleef team sat waiting outside the arena. They had been given diamond shovels enchanted with unbreaking and leather helmets dyed blue. The other four were watching from the stands.

"Teams, please step onto the arena," said a voice over the intercom.

Steve, Jay, Kirai, Tommy, and Todd walked out onto the snow. They watched as five people in red helmets walked out across from them.

Bill was one of them, along with three other Villagers Steve didn't recognize. But he did recognize the fifth person.

Scullscan.

"Woah, hold up," Jay shouted. "You're helping the enemy?"

"They're my people!" Scullscan shouted back. "Sorry!"

"If the blue team wins, they get our trucks! If the red team wins, the blue team has to stay here and live here.

"Forever."

"Wait, we didn't know about that," Steve said.

"Then you better hope you win!" the voice on the intercom said. "Remember, no hitting each other, only shoveling the snow. If you fall, you will land on the ground below and hopefully not die. Then you are out. When your entire team is down, you lose."

"Good luck!" Scullscan shouted.

"Ready, set, go!"

The red team rushed at the blue team, who prepared to defend.

"Split up!" Steve yelled. The five of them split up.

Scullscan ran right at Steve, a big smile on his face. Steve gulped and braced himself.

I am switching to a narrator's point of view so I can switch between everyone. Sorry for any confusion.

One of the Villagers ran towards Tommy. He shoveled some snow, but Tommy jumped out of the way. Tommy shovelled out the snow underneath the Villager, who fell.

Bill ran towards Jay.

"Hey look over there!" Jay said, pointing behind Bill. "Electricity!"

"Really? Where?" Bill asked, turning around. Jay snickered and shoveled the snow under Bill's feet.

But Bill nimbly jumped and shoveled the snow under Jay.

Jay fell.

Meanwhile, Kirai and another Villager were viciously shoveling snow. Eventually, they made a three block wide gap between them, too large to jump across.

"Hmm..." Kirai thought for a moment. Then she ran and put her shovel into the ground, flinging herself across the gap. She stuck the landing by shoveling the snow underneath the Villager. He fell.

Todd had trapped himself in a corner on purpose. He was on one block of snow in the corner, with a large gap between it and the rest of the snow.

The Villager paced back and forth on that snow, thinking. Finally, he threw his shovel like a tomahawk.

The shovel hit Todd's block of snow, making him fall.

Meanwhile, Steve and Scullscan were battling it out. After awhile, they made it into kind of a parkour course, with one block of snow by itself every couple blocks.

Steve and Scullscan jumped from one block to another, shovelling snow. Neither of them were falling.

Meanwhile, the Villager that beat Todd ran for Kirai. She managed to make him fall, but she accidentally fell in a different hole too.

Bill and Tommy battled. They were both really good at Spleef.

Tommy could see Steve losing his battle with Scullscan. He was going to go save him. Tommy shovelled Bill's snow out from under him, and he fell. Tommy ran to help Steve.

But he didn't notice that Bill had grabbed on to the edges of the snow.

Steve was being pushed into a corner. If Scullscan got him there, Steve would lose.

Steve was in the corner now. Scullscan walked up to him. "Sorry man," he said. He was about to shovel the snow out from under Steve when the snow was shovelled out from under him.

Tommy made Scullscan fell.

But he didn't see Bill come up behind him and shovel out his snow.

Tommy fell.

Now it was just Bill and Steve. Bill rounded on Steve, still in the corner.

"Guess we just got nine new citizens of Leonardtown," Bill said, brandishing his shovel.

"Not today," Steve said, and he threw his shovel at the snow.

He missed.

Bill shovelled the snow out from under Steve.

Steve fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha. Weren't expecting that, were you?

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist