XVI

Chapter XVI : Shapeshifter

════════ ××× ═══════

THE LOOK ON HIS FACE never dared to leave, for some reason he was not on the mood. He walked towards his friends with crossed arms. Solar raised a brow, waiting for the elf to say something. "So?" He started which made Y/n snap out of her thoughts, shaking her head and blinking in the process. "Oh faex, my apologies," the elf answered, absentmindedly not realizing her slip out on her words and thoughts. Solar noticed this and gave her a confused look but, she didn't seem to notice the look that he was giving her. "You mentioned you have yet to do this before?" Y/n started, hoping for the light element's cooperation as she knew how stubborn and prideful Solar can be.

"Did I? Well, I can do it anyway," Solar responded with a serious look on his face. Well, at least he is cooperating with them. 'Hopefully this will continue throughout our whole journey,' the elf thought to herself, she couldn't afford getting into trouble before it's too late. "By the way, we shall be requiring your Land powers too, electric attacks are weak against land attacks so that is a plus, we will be needing that against the Raijū together with your light power if we ever encounter it," Y/n added, almost forgetting to inform the elemental hero about that.

"Yeah yeah, I know that. I am not foolish, I know what element to use against other elements, I know their weaknesses. No need to remind me," Solar waved off a tad bit rudely, the others were a bit bothered and annoyed at this. They wouldn't forget the fact how the light element was so knowledgeable and smart. Probably the brightest one out of Boboiboy's elements and it was slightly painful that he was, which they wouldn't admit entirely. Y/n didn't seem like she was bothered by his rude responce at all. The heroes were shocked that she was able to tolerate the walking lamp.

'He probably has a lot of patience,' they thought in unison and in awe, wishing to be Y/n for once.

"Oh, did you say something?" Y/n questioned the light element, snapping out from her thoughts. The girl was preoccupied from her thoughts, thinking about how Solar and her were going to work out with the spectacles. 'Or F/n just ignored him,' they sweatdropped in realisation. What happened after was somewhat amusing to the rest of the gang, some were slightly thankful they finally see the day come from beyond their eyes. "Eh?" Solar let out with a horrified look as he stared at the elf. Judging from the tone of his voice, everyone could clearly hear his ego suddenly breaking.

Ah, what a satisfying sound.

The scene was rather entertaining for both Gopal and Fang whilst Yaya and Ying were conflicted on how they should react to this. It's not everyday someone gets to finally destroy the lamp's pride. No one dared to anyway or they'll just get destroyed by his smart remarks. It was good to see someone who matched his smarts, someone who can destroy him in deduction, someone who is also quite knowledgeable, someone who is quite observing, someone who can tolerate his rudeness and someone who is calm─which is so unlike him; it's probably the only thing that he lacks.