XXIV

Chapter XXIV: Children

════════ ××× ════════

BREATHING HEAVILY due to surprise, Boboiboy Ice's orbs darted from his friends to the mysterious figure in front of him. They were surrounded with no escape. They were trapped. They have no choice but to face this unknown foes. They look like a normal human like them but, something tells them that they were different. But, what makes these unknown figures have so much difference from them? "What... what are you talking about?" he tried to question.

"Do not lie to us, you were sighted travelling around with an Eldian and a Pegasus Guardian! You were travelling with traitors!" The mysterious cloaked creature cleared out, gripping on the handle of the sword ever so tightly. "Traitors?! Is this a joke!?" Captain Papa commented with an annoyed look. "We did not come here to fool around! Tell us where they are or we shall bring you to King Lunos for your execution!" Another voice chimed in, making everyone tense even more on their spots.

"E-execution? What for!?" Ying managed to shoot a glare. "For being affiliated with and hiding the King's fugitives!" They replied, making Boboiboy Ice grit his teeth. "Hiding!? Traitors!? Surely they're making a mistake, F/n and Cosmo couldn't possibly be traitors," Yaya pursed her lips, her hands clenching. "F/n? Oh, I see what is going on. The traitor has been messing around with you all, eh? Fine then, you shall say your last goodbyes before facing death!" They announced, magic particles beginning to surround them.

Boboiboy Ice couldn't just stand there and let everyone die, he needed to do something. The ice element kicked the stomach of his threatener which pushed them further away from him. Everyone took this chance to run away from them, in order hold to them off just for a few minutes. "So it will end like this? So be it, we will be taking you down! Attack them!" The leader of the unknown figure started which was obeyed soon by every Lluminarian Guards. They were now chasing Boboiboy Ice and his companions.

"What are we gonna do now, Boboiboy? Aldrudis?" Gopal asked the ice element and the centaur whilst bolting away. "For now, we cannot let those elves get to the area where the Gem of Land is, I want you all to do your best and stall them while I search for F/n and Cosmo, understood?" Aldrudis started which was soon agreed by everyone. "Wait, so that means those guys were elves!?" Fang questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in realisation. "Yes, specifically, Lluminarian Elves under the command of a new unofficial king. King Lunos Llumina," the centaur explained.

"But, why were they searching for F/n and Cosmo. They even called them traitors!" Ochobot said while in the hands of Captain Papa Zola who used all of his energy to catch up. "I myself do not know why this is happening. Clearly, the elf had hidden something from us," Aldrudis replied. Hearing this made the elemental hero grit his teeth in suspicion. 'I knew he was hiding something from us,' he thought to himself, his thoughts wandering off to the clues that he had missed. He trusted her but, she didn't trust him enough.