XXI

Chapter XXI: Odd Companions

════════ ××× ════════

Y/N STOOD IN AMUSEMENT as she watched the Indian boy blissfully dig into his food as if there's no dauna hereafter. Gopal noticed the curious eyes lingering upon his figure causing for him to turn his way towards the elf, who was standing the closest to him. The said teenage boy stood straight and fixed his throat. Suddenly, he acted like a fancy and polite nobleman which made everyone in the room bewildered. "Oh pardon me, care to join in?" Gopal asked as he gestured to the table that he was on.

Y/n slowly rose her hand, shaking her head at the process. "I am quite full, thank you," she declined politely. Ying and Yaya who was standing behind the elf, shook their heads with a dumbfounded look; telling Gopal that they were fine. That's when Gopal's behaviour when full-on 180. "Oh well, more for me!" Gopal shrugged his shoulders before he began to eat but, this time even messier than he did from before. The three female teenagers cringed at the untidy display which they couldn't bear to watch unfold.

They shielded theirselves from the small fractions of flying food coming towards their way. This went unnoticed by the said molecular manipulator which angered two superheroes and irritated an elf. Gopal continued to ignore the three's presence as he ate and veins popped on the females' forehead. Ying couldn't take it anymore and lost all her remaining patience as she slammed a hand on the table with all of her strength, not failing to gather attention from the Indian boy who was pigging out his way with his food.

Gopal jumped out of surprise after he stopped eating, slowly turning to the intimidating aura surrounding his friends. 2 pairs of eyes glared daggers upon his vulnerable figure as he began shaking on his spot, beads of sweat beginning to form itself on his forehead. "WHY DON'T YOU EAT MORE PROPERLY AND STOP PIGGING!" Ying angrily pointed out to the soulless-looking tanned boy. "HUH-UH, HAVE MANNERS, GOPAL! IT'S RATHER IMPROPER!" Yaya joined in despite being calmer and kinder than Ying. Gopal turned the elf who remained silent, his eyes glistening with hope, hoping for the Lluminarian to defend him.

Surely his 2nd best friend wouldn't rat him out, right?

"I am with them, it is unsanitary and disrespectful."

The world must have given up on him. What a cruel place to live in.

Oh sweet sorrow─

"Stop being so dramatic and acting like you're in a play," Ying complained which caused for Gopal to straightened his posture. 'Whoops, I must've said that out loud,' Gopal mentally told himself in realisation as he chuckled nervously. The boy continued to eat properly this time as Ying, Yaya and Y/n conversed themselves in a casual conversation. The TAPOPS members had a one rest day/ dauna. Although it was only short, everyone was able to rest and relax before getting themselves back on battle again.