XXV

Chapter XXV: Sacrifice

════════ ××× ════════

THE CLASHING of weapons can be heard clearly. Sparks began appearing due to the sudden impact of a metal against another metal. Knowing that they were even in terms of strength, Boboiboy Blaze decided to deliver a strong kick against the leader of this Lluminarian guard group, surprising his foe. The opponent groaned in pain whilst he stumbled backwards, clutching his stomach in result. Brushing his nose by his thumb, Blaze smirked in victory as he still held his fire chakrams.

"Heh, how's that? Still not giving up? Bring it on!" Blaze taunted, even bigger flames emitted from his two circular weapons.

Boboiboy Thorn stood by Y/n's side. Protecting her from any sign of danger lurking around with his strong shield made of thorns and leaves. Y/n wasn't doing very good, she only fought for a short while but she didn't know why she felt really drained out. It didn't make any total sense. Solar stood behind Blaze, participating in the fight once in a while as he also made sure that the girl was doing fine. "Don't worry, F/n! We're going to defeat them together, for now, I'll be your protector while you recover," Boboiboy Thorn gave Y/n a smile.

Y/n was still confused on how he can smile in a time like this. Must be his personality. Each element did have a unique personality that made them different from each other. Despite that, she was glad that someone like Thorn is there to help her ease out her entangled thoughts and stress. "Thank you," she responded to the latter with a smile hidden from her mask. "You're welco─ Whoah there! Don't worry I got you!" He soon held her waist and placed her arm around him once he noticed her nearly falling down.

Y/n's state was getting worse and now she couldn't stand properly without someone helping her. Her grip on the elemental split tightened as she tried her best to balance herself only for her to fail. "Hey, hey, you don't need to let go and stand without someone holding you. You might fall again," He told the (h/c) haired girl in worry. "How about you heal yourself first, yeah? That way, you don't have to limp and fall," He suggested with a reassuring smile. Y/n shook her head and disagreed immediately.

"No, I cannot. I need to conserve my energy so that I could heal all of you, what if you and the others will get hurt? There is no one to heal you if I heal myself first," Y/n protested, not wanting to heal herself. "Hey, listen here. We'll be fine, what's more important is you. We can't let our favourite elf suffer in pain. For once, please stop being selfless and worry about yourself, for me?" With kind eyes, his green orbs lingered at the elf. That phrase was rather familliar.

Didn't she say the same thing to Boboiboy Earthquake?

Y/n could only blink at this, it was so genuine that she didn't know how to respond.

Eventually, she nodded her head which made Thorn beam. "Good! Now, while you heal I'll be shielding you, yeah?" He tilted his head to the side, waiting for her to answer him. "Yes, thank you," she managed to reply with slight hesitation. "Awesome! Do your thing!" He grinned brightly at her while he patted her head. The said elemental split turned back his figure and continued fighting the remaining Lluminarian guards. Y/n's breath hitched due to the adorable display of affection Thorn gave her. For some reason, she felt warm.