XX

Chapter XX: Concern

Chapter XX: Concern

════════ ××× ════════

Y/N WATCHED the Electric Gem in slight disgust. It was surely infected with dark magic. The stench of the dark magic was very much bothering her. Usually, she doesn't mind it and can easily tolerate the smell of it like she did with the Air Gem but, this time she couldn't stand it. It looked similar to the Air Gem when it was infected, only worse. The veins managed to reach the front part and it was not a sight for sore eyes to see. "Eeeh, it looks weird," Gopal mused in absolute disgust. "It looks even worse than the Air Gem, the colour is nearly turning grey. The veins managed to reach the front side," Y/n commented as she examined the whole gem, the air bird sitting peacefully on her head.

"It must be one of the first ones to get infected," Y/n added, fanning the air with her hand despite the mask that she had. Unlike the Air Gem, it wasn't able to emit that much magic particles and the magical aura of the said artefact died down but, some of it were still slightly visible. Like from Aero, the pillar was a little dirty, the vines were wrapping themselves around the half pillar that was holding the gem. The surface of the gem was still smooth and anyone could see their reflection but, it was a weird sight to see because of the infection.

"What's wrong F/n?" Yaya asked the elf in concern. "Nothing of importance, it is just the foul stench of the dark magic. I simply cannot stand it," Y/n answered with a cringe look on her face even though no one can see it, they knew the look that she has on her visage.

"You can smell dark magic?" Fang questioned in bewilderment.

"You can smell behind your mask?" Gopal asked with a blink which made everyone turn to him with a deadpanned look.

"Well, most elves does not just some of us do. The first time I smelled it was in the fight with Pamola. Although I was actually able to tolerate it─now I cannot since it is too much. It is absolutely horrendous and loathsome. At first, I was not sure if I was indeed smelling dark magic, thus the reason why it took quite a while for me to find out Pamola was indeed conjured by dark magic. And usually, I cannot smell anything from behind the mask but, sometimes I do," Y/n explained as she remembered smelling the foods from the canteen before moving further away from the Electric Gem in order to get away from the smell it emitted.

"But, we don't need to worry, Boboiboy is here to purify it!" Ying beamed reassuringly at the elf as Yaya nodded her head in agreement. Boboiboy smiled nervously because of what he had heard, sheepishly caressing the back of his head. "Yeah, I'll purify it, hopefully it will work again," the elemental hero agreed with the time manipulator. "F/n already said it will definitely work, so no worries, Boboiboy," Gopal shrug off without a problem, patting the elemental hero from his back.

"Do your thing Boboiboy," Fang nodded his head at Gopal in agreement, further encouraging the elemental hero to do his duty.

Wasting no more time, Y/n turned to Boboiboy and gave him a nod, signalling to do his part. Boboiboy sighed on his spot before he rose his power watch up in the air as it started gathering light particles from around it to prepare himself from transforming. "Elemental power!" He started, the symbol on his power watch changed and immediately turned to a lightning symbol. "Boboiboy Thunderstorm!" He managed to transform himself to his thunderstorm element.