XXVIII

Chapter XXVIII: Discomfort

════════ ××× ════════

WHILE GRIPPING TIGHTLY on the straps of her backpack, Y/n prepared herself to jump on the boulders. Lava was flowing slowly in front of her and the only way to get through was for her to jump over. Sparing Echo a glance one last time, she encouraged herself to remain calm. Putting weight and pressure on her feet, she pushed herself upwards. Y/n landed safely on one boulder but there were 2 more boulders ahead for her to jump on. The rest of her friends were waiting for her to cross since it was their turn to jump after her.

Y/n continued the same process twice and soon she managed to successfully arrive on the other side, unharmed and without a single scratch on her. She shuffled her hands out of her cloak, to hold the straps of her backpack once more. It wasn't really easy to carry a bag around when you're wearing a cloak. She also has never worn a backpack over a cloak before, she couldn't lie at the fact that it felt weird. But, all of her belongings for sleeping and food that'll sustain her for two to three days were inside that same bag.

Hearing a noise from behind her, she turned to it due to her personal curiosity. Gopal laid there with his face planted on the ground, she almost thought he wasn't breathing since he wasn't moving. Approaching him to get a closer look, Y/n turned to Yaya in confusion. The gravity manipulator was flying just above her, the girl in pink hijab smiled innocently in responce. Y/n didn't even decide to ask her anything about the 'Gopal Situation'.

The Indian boy finally sat on the ground, caressing his face with a blank look. From beside the 15 year old, Boboiboy managed to land effortlessly before dusting himself up. "You didn't have to drop me that hard!" Gopal gave the flying girl a disappointed look from his visage. "I'm sorry, you were squirming around and kept screaming so you startled me. I didn't mean to drop you," Yaya shrugged his shoulders with a sheepish look on her face. "At least you didn't have to jump over," Boboiboy spoke, turning to his best friend.

Ying have also managed to arrive on their side while Fang was the last one to jump over. "All right, where to next?" The time manipulator questioned. "Hmm, this place looks more dangerous," Boboiboy hummed, studying the environment that they were in. Trees were still present but, for some reason, it felt like it multiplied. "According to the data here, this place is where most mysterious creatures in Planet Pyro resides," Yaya spoke out after her foot had touched the ground.

On her hand was the tablet that had gathered information about the every environment that they go to. "So, is it possible that the Chimera can be found here?" Gopal worriedly asked, peaking from behind Boboiboy who was the closest to where he was standing at. "I'm not sure about that, who knows?" Yaya answered with uncertainty. "Then it's possible," Fang concluded with a laid back tone. Gopal held Boboiboy's shoulder from behind and continued hiding behind him.