LIV

Chapter LIV: Trust Who?

════════ ××× ════════

SPEECHLESS, the two sat beside each other while they continue to process the information they managed to gather from the magus in front of them. Y/n didn't understand how she wasn't able to feel it, was it because she was weak? Or was it something else? Nevertheless, his message brought bad news to them. "Someone?" The elemental hero repeated. Y/n took note of that, Lazarus was pertaining that only one person is a traitor. A feeling of discomfort began to circle inside her stomach at that thought.

She didn't want to believe him but she had to trust him no matter what. "Only one is an apostate to the future of Glamoura," Y/n spoke with a meek voice, looking over to the magus once again. "Indeed, one associate. Such an associate wants the downfall of the light elves... Specifically, the Lluminas," Lazarus leaned forward to the table, placing his arm while maintaining eye contact with the two teenagers. Y/n couldn't believe one of her friends wanted that to happen, she trusted them all.

"Why do they hate her family so much?! Isn't Lunos a Llumina too? Then why is he part of this?" Boboiboy furrowed his eyebrows, clenching his jaw. Lazarus was unfazed at his behaviour and just pushed his glasses upwards once again before answering his question. "That I cannot answer, lad. But all I can say is that the royal family of elves has been hiding so many secrets they did not want anyone to know, especially Y/n," the magus spoke, leaning back to his chair comfortably.

"Have you ever wondered if history was indeed written correctly?" Lazarus began, confusing the two again. Y/n could only feel her breathing hitch at that question, another subject that will bug her again. "Have you ever doubted the books? The records? If you did, then congratulations you little philosopher there is much misinformation deceiving you until now." Boboiboy didn't know how to react to the magus being sarcastic in a time like this or was it just his personality?

'He speaks of that like we just won a lottery,' Boboiboy couldn't help but feel his sweat drop.

"Most Lluminas are liars, no, not Eros. Eros is worthy of his achievements but his children are most certainly not," Lazarus stood up, summoning a book out of nowhere as bright particles appeared around him. "His children... I only recognise King Horus," Y/n mumbled to herself, she never knew about Eros' child that much except for the heir. She always wondered why their story was never told, they were supposed to be the child of the only King of all Elves.

"Exactly, they only want you to focus on King Horus. The said child of the light, the first leader of the Elemental Magic Institute, is a reason why I despise the institute's way of ruling. They still follow how King Horus manages the institute and it is obvious to say that I do not like him and his ways," Lazarus narrows his eyes at the book that he was reading. "What did he do?" The elemental hero questioned the magus out of curiosity. The way Lazarus spoke of his name was like spitting venom out of his mouth.